RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How MUCH will your Truck Hold...

Boolit Master
    My first truck was a F250 HD 4X4. I went to get a load of decomposed granite for the driveway. I thumbed the loader until the overload springs touched the pads and drove back onto the scale. Puta said the loadmaster you got 3 1/4 Tons there! The ride was smoother and the brakes were Not Enough but I got it home.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy

My '62 F700 wouldn't squat an inch with that load.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    My '62 F700 wouldn't squat an inch with that load.
    LOL Foreman at a local ranch bought an F7something 4X4. He was too busy to go down to LA to see it and bought it looking at pictures. In pictures it looks like a normal truck. I'd see it from time to time at the local grocery always far from the store because it took up Four Parking Spaces.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I load easily 1000+# of range scrap into my European mini cargo van. Never had any problems and still got over 85 mpg with a little turbo diesel. A thousand pounds at a time is enough for one day making ingots.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    LOL Foreman at a local ranch bought an F7something 4X4. He was too busy to go down to LA to see it and bought it looking at pictures. In pictures it looks like a normal truck. I'd see it from time to time at the local grocery always far from the store because it took up Four Parking Spaces.
    Hehe, not a "normal" truck at all and four spaces sounds about right.

Boolit Master
    The usual all of it plus some answer from me... most all of my trucks over the years may have been grossly overloaded a time or two. Though i can say most all of the trips were short and involving either mulch or rock for house projects on the secondary roads.

I did finally wise up and got a decent sized open top cargo trailer to take the abuse anymore plus i don't have to worry about getting the load out of the truck that day so i can use it the next day anymore.

Boolit Master

A few years back I needed some sand, had an old F150 Camper Special. Went to a cement plant, pulled under their sand silo and told them to put on a half ton. The rear bumper only went down about an inch and a half. Told them to take it up to a ton, meaning a half ton more. They added another ton. That made the front end just a little light but not to bad, so I drove home at about 40 mph just in case I had to stop quickly.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master
    Is This Car Loaded with 3000 Lbs. of Building Supplies?
    A photograph captures a small car impossibly loaded down with hundreds of pounds of lumber and other building supplies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 23-09-48 FACT CHECK Is This Car Loaded with 3000 Lbs. of Building Suppl.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	303305

Boolit Master
    That's what trailers are for. Lol!

Nice score, and at a great price!

Boolit Master
    I remember that one, the story is actually real and it even made the local news. I saw the interview with the HD manager.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crunch.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	303307

Boolit Master
    One six gallon bucket full of wheel weights in the back of my old truck worried me a bit.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    One six gallon bucket full of wheel weights in the back of my old truck worried me a bit.
    You must have been drinking!

Boolit Master
    I once scored about 400# of factory linotype ingots from a recycler. The boss was kind enough to advise me not to put all of it in the trunk of my front wheel drive sedan, no doubt imagining something like that red econobox with the lumber.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    You must have been drinking!
    No, I was quite sober all the way home = 35 miles, and we have some bad curves too.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Grand Master
    Had an '84 Toyota PU. 4 cyl, stick shift. Was at a sale of an iron yard going out of business. Bought a stand for my small bench mill for $10. They loaded it in the truck and boy, did that thing squat. Interesting 30 mile drive home. The stand was three feet by two and a half ft. and the top was 2" steel plate!!!

Boolit Master

I answered a Craigslist ad for scrap lead about 6 years ago. The guy said he had about 150 lbs, so I figure, take the sidecar, be more fun. I get there and no way was it only 150 lbs, but he said take it anyway for the 150 lbs price. This is a Chinese replica WW2 sidecar, just like in all the war movies, hooked up to my '82 1000cc BMW. I load it up, and it didn't compress the leaf springs all that much on the sidecar, but I did have to plan ahead on braking. Weighed it all up when I got home and it was over 500 lbs!

Boolit Master
    When the rear diff on my suburban 1500 started growling just shy of 100K miles, I couldn't help but wonder if my lead habit didn't contribute.
    My isotope lead page: http://fellingfamily.net/isolead/

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sqlbullet View Post
    When the rear diff on my suburban 1500 started growling just shy of 100K miles, I couldn't help but wonder if my lead habit didn't contribute.
    A half ton truck? Of course not. A lack of ever checking the oil in it probably did.

Boolit Bub
    In the early 90's I lived in Atlantic City but had to travel to NYC for work.
    Found a recycler who had a good deal on PURE lead.

Bought 3000 lbs.
    I won't admit how much I brought back each time in my old Buick Electra but lets say I was pushing
    the specified weight limit.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    I've had quite a bit more than that in my Mercedes SLK280. Heck, a fat person weighs a lot more than that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast