MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Federal 38 Spl +P 158 gr LSWCHP - Chronographed

Federal 38 Spl +P 158 gr LSWCHP - Chronographed

Information deleted in its entirety. I will not post any further chronograph data not because I was told not to but because my efforts have been both wrongly ridiculed, misunderstood and unappreciated by some; albeit, a very, very small minority.

I’m too long in the tooth to worry about these things, so why bother.
    Last edited by Hi-Speed; 08-08-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Boolit Master
    Nothing new. I posted some 44 Mag data and it was picked apart like vultures on a dead carcass.
    My data concerned two different lots of A2400 with ALL OTHER components the SAME and chronoed BACK TO BACK in the SAME revolver.
    No one wanted to hear it.
    It taught me a lot.
    Last edited by 44MAG#1; 08-09-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Gentlemen (both), it is unfortunate that some members of this rather large forum lack tact and minds open to other opinions. I just want to quote you some statistics that I was given a while back, and which now may be a bit outdated (as we're growing...) but I seem to remember that we have about 55,000 registered members, and perhaps as many as 400,000 unregistered visitors who periodically scan the forum for knowledge. So, the point being, that the minority you mention is very small indeed. I wish that instead of picking up your marbles and going home you'd stay in the game for the countless others who might benefit from your contributions.

As for the information given, members are free to accept, reject, or consider it and form their own opinions. We do not permit insults and discourtesy, and if you feel that is the case you can always click on the little black triangle symbol down in the left corner of the offending post and the Moderator Staff will make a determination if a violation of the rules has occurred. Please note that just an opinion that differs from yours is not necessarily discourtesy, the presentation is what matters.

DG

Boolit Master
    I'd also say to stick with it, those who rant, ramble and babble are in the minority and when someone does I tend to diss their take on the subject at hand completely and keep reading on.

Hope you get back with the info you posted, the truth is still the truth even if someone doesn't believe it.

Boolit Bub
    So you pull your post with info on it because a few “ know it alls” supposedly did t agree with your actual readings?
    I posted some velocity readings from a new chrono that seemed way to high for the load,,so much that I tested the same loads with another chrono,,and got the same velocities..
    I for one am always interested in other shooter’s test results.
    If others don’t believe or agree with your results,Big deal,,Others of us do.
    Let’s keep those posts with every shooter’s results.

Boolit Master

Bad form. I was really interested in the Federal chrony data...............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Buddy
    Put me also in the group who regrets you removing the chrono info.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ddixie884 View Post
    Bad form. I was really interested in the Federal chrony data...............
    Me Too!!
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

People who think they know it all are the first ones to make a bad mistake. I have been reloading and casting since I was 18. I am now 68. Just ask my wife she will tell you I don't know everything. Please don't leave us cuss you may know something I don't and could use.

Andrew

Hi-speed. There will always be those who think they know better than you, and anything over some manual load is certain death to them. I appreciate your load data having worked up two 38 Specials of my own with it.. Please don't let these know-it-all's ruin it for those of us who appreciate you.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Speed. 38 Spl. is my favorite "fun" cal. to shoot, plus my ccw gun of choice. Please continue you're posts as I really look forward to them. Bruce

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Speed View Post
    Information deleted in its entirety. I will not post any further chronograph data not because I was told not to but because my efforts have been both wrongly ridiculed, misunderstood and unappreciated by some; albeit, a very, very small minority. I’m too long in the tooth to worry about these things, so why bother.
    I'm very VERY sorry that the above happened to you. I sincerely hope that I did not contribute in any way to what transpired. Personally, I was grateful for a chance to see the data you provided. I intend to do exactly the same with MY data, when I finish collecting them.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Buddy
    I read your results post with great interest and I think you for it. I do remember reading some of the replies and thinking " how rude". Had to bite my fingers to stay calm and not sink to their level. My rule is if I don't have something positive to contribute I keep my fingers off the keyboard. I do hope you will reconsider, real world information is valuable and if it is not to whoever then they should just move on. There was no need for for tone of some of the replies. It seems we have lost the art of discussion and friendly disagreement.
    Now that I am typing this response, I'm thinking maybe I should have stood with you on your original post. For not doing that I apologize.
    Tony

Boolit Master
    There will never any relief. Maybe only for a while.
    It is on EVERY forum. While it may be slightly better here it will always be here and elsewhere.
    Every forum has their Illuminati.
    It is something one has to accept.