RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Appleseed Pistol Clinic

Appleseed Pistol Clinic

The Appleseed Pistol Clinic has been around a few years now and I shot my first one this weekend. It was a very interesting and fairly challenging course of fire.

I did not earn my patch this weekend. I was more than accurate enough, but not fast enough. Stage 1 is 10 rounds in ten seconds, so required a mag change for me with my 1911. Stage 2 is two magazines of six and four rounds on a slightly smaller target in 15 seconds, so everyone has a mag change. Stage 3 is weak and strong hand only, 5 shots in 15 seconds each. Stage 4 is the smallest targets, with 10 rounds in two minutes. We shot one Pistol Qualification Target (PQT) on Saturday after a day of history/instruction. Today was a little more history, but we only managed two PQTs before lightning shut us down.

I will practice and go back. I also volunteered to become an instructor for the Rifle Clinic, so am probably one of the newest “orange hats” in the Appleseed organization.

Take a look at them if you are interested in some Revolutionary War history and improving your shooting.
    Tony
    Last edited by AnthonyB; 08-07-2022 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Typo

I take it this is run by the same people who put on the Revolutionary War seminar. I have sat in on one in the past and they are very educational. I plan on doing a flintlock demo at one in October.

What are the sizes of the targets for the events?
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

Sounds very interesting and challenging.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master
    But, but, but, where is it??. The OP doesn’t reveal his location, so it could be anywhere, including here in VA where (I believe) Johnny Appleseed got his start. Inquiring minds…
    "It aint easy being green!"

Do they play this in NC?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    But, but, but, where is it??. The OP doesn’t reveal his location, so it could be anywhere, including here in VA where (I believe) Johnny Appleseed got his start. Inquiring minds…
    Project Appleseed does clinics all around the US.

https://appleseedinfo.org/schedulemap/

Thanks for the link, I see one scheduled for October in Greenville about an hour away. Think my son and I will try it.

Sorry for the lack of background info. Yes, this is the organization that combines American history with shooting instruction. The rifle clinic was far more demanding than any qualification I shot in an Army career.

Targets for the pistol clinic can be downloaded at
    https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=61707.0
    The course of fire listed on the targets is incorrect for Stage 1. That is now 10 shots in ten seconds with no magazine change required.

It is a great program and I thought it necessary enough to volunteer.
    Tony
    Last edited by AnthonyB; 08-08-2022 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Typo

AB , I could not agree with you more on the Appleseed events.I learned more about the three shooting positions ,natural point of aim and adjusting yourself to be accurate. I too did not get my Rifleman patch as I chose to use a bolt action rifle which I was accurate but to slow.it is my personal goal next event to do it with a bolt action rifle.

I would love to use my 625 .45 acp revolver if i can rather than a .22 M41. Could I? I assume a semi would be easier but there’s no point in doing something if you don’t push yourself.

Boolit Master
    I took the first day of a 2 day Pistolseed and did well but I have a pistol user background.

I'd say use a 22 for most of the class and maybe break out the 625 for later in the weekend. Get you abilities down, get smooth and be safe. When you go to the CF it will go better for you IMHO.

The times can be tight for a revolver, practice your reloads with speedloaders or full/half moon clips before the event and things will flow better time wise.