RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Wanted - used or new .270 Weatherby Magnum brass and dies

Boolit Buddy

Wanted - used or new .270 Weatherby Magnum brass and dies

Looking for .270 Weatherby brass and dies, used and as cheap as possible is preferred, nothing has to be perfect, just serviceable.

An odd lot of .270 bullets would also be great, 130-150grains

Trying to assemble some test Ammo

Boolit Master

I have over 100 rounds of 378 weatherby mag I need to get rid of
    can they be necked down to 270?
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like .257 WBY, .270 WBY, and 7mm WBY are the only ones that can be sized up or down on the neck and work on the same case length.

This is all that I have read, but I may be wrong and welcome others direct experience.

Thanks so much for the offer on the .378 loads though.

Boolit Buddy
    I have 7 once fired and 30 new .300.
    69 once fired .257.
    18 once fired .270.
    49 once fired 7mm.
    Send me a pm if you're interested in any of them.

Boolit Buddy
    About 5 years ago I picked up 4 boxes of new .270 Weatherby at an estate sale. I paid what the empty boxes might sell for on EBay, so I bought the ammo. My only Weatherby rifles are .257 and .300. so I would certainly trade these 4 boxes but I don't know if there is a practical way to send them to you. I have never mailed ammo. I am pretty sure I also picked up at that sale a Wilson adjustable case gage for .270 Weatherby. I use those for the belted magnums I reload and think they are great, at least for their cost. I suppose I would trade that too. Those gages are continually for sale on EBay, and Wilson still makes them, so are easy to find and buy. I never knew the fellow who had passed. The sale was held by the widow and 4 or 5 other women, all of whom had flown in to hold the sale from the PNW city that is the mecca for what Garrison Keillor calls women with short hair, wide butts and comfortable shoes. They were selling no guns, and even though there was a big locked gun safe there the women reacted like I had asked to see the NAZI flags when I asked about guns. All the same, it was a big sale for me and I bet I spent $500. I felt sorry for the deceased. He had good taste in everything (well, almost everything) so far as I could see, and everything looked unused (again, almost everything). The fly rods were probably a good buy but out of my price range. Women here who fit that Garrison Keillor description and retire almost always move to that one city, and I don't need to know why. That they no longer vote here is good enough for me. Have a great day.

Boolit Buddy
    BTW, in the latest issue of Handloader one of the writers says that 7MM Rem Mag can be easily sized to .257 Weatherby. If that is true then it would seem likely to me that sizing to .270 Weatherby would also be possible.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	474EE1E3-5FFE-483E-8D99-40C834F5F04A.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	302973

Name:	AFC422BF-27A9-43DE-B8A4-A3B04881A39E.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	302974

Name:	FCDCF6E4-D105-4CB2-B74E-3141D626B66A.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	302975

Bought used, but as new condition. Brass is of unknown provenance but free with the dies.
    Also have 78 pcs of Federal Premium 7MM Weatherby Nickel cases, but unsure the efficacy of sizing down Nickel cases.

Name:	E720D393-53A3-452A-81B4-7B95164EE58C.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	453.9 KB 
ID:	302976

Got any bullets to trade? I specifically need light .308 J-words for a .300 Black Out project. I also have a wide variety of .277 caliber bullets to choose from as well. Can offer quantities desired in weights you wish to experiment with, have Sierra, Hornady, and probably some Speer.
    Got-R-Did.
    Last edited by Got-R-Did; 08-07-2022 at 08:59 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I read the same thing about resizing to .257/.270/7 WBY with 7mm Rem Mag, but I also read that resizing 7mm Rem Mag brass to .270 WBY leaves the neck very short and it can cause issues.

Boolit Buddy
    So, no interest in mine?

Boolit Buddy
    Regarding Federal Express shipping; there is no ground shipping to where I live. None. No road. Both UPS and FedEx ship by air or not at all. There is commodity barge shipping; for example, the local shooting clubs bring in ammo and reloading components by barge. However, there is a HazMat fee with each shipment that translates into every shipment having to be thousands of dollars of merchandise to justify the HazMat. Retailers here are accustomed to some workarounds. If a marine good retailer needs to air ship a new fuel filter using Alaska Airlines the retailer knows to put that filter in a box that says it's an air filter as the airlines won't take a box that says fuel filter. We have big box retailers and I would bet those companies know all sorts of workarounds.

Boolit Master

I formed all my 270 Wby brass from 7mm rem. They will be 1mm short in the neck but does not affect the overall length of the loaded round at all.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

LEADLUBBER
    If you can't find what you need, I have several hundred pieces of 7mm Remington mag brass. Either NOS, or once fired. The once fired has been deprimed, and all have been wet tumbled with pins. I can get 95 pieces in a sfrb. 60.00 shipped.
    Last edited by littlejack; 08-10-2022 at 12:31 AM.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.