Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midway

Boolit Master

Midway

Went to order some jacketed bullets from Midway Sunday morning but my free ship code had expired. Monday morning I got a new code so I ordered my on sale bullets with free shipping before breakfast. Came home for lunch and had notice that my order had processed. At supper got notice my order had shipped by USPS and had a tracking number which said it was priority mail. This morning, Wednesday, a check of the tracking number said my package was at my PO before breakfast. 2 days from Mo. to NC delivered to my PO box. WOW!

I buy a lot of products from Midway. They have always treated me right. Even when the shipping is free the purchase arrives promptly. Gp

Boolit Master
    Well I ordered on Monday and my order still isn't in UPS hands. I asked what went wrong with Nitro Shipping and they said contact them if it hasn't arrived by the 14th. Nitro Shipping FTF!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Went to order some jacketed bullets from Midway Sunday morning but my free ship code had expired. Monday morning I got a new code so I ordered my on sale bullets with free shipping before breakfast. Came home for lunch and had notice that my order had processed. At supper got notice my order had shipped by USPS and had a tracking number which said it was priority mail. This morning, Wednesday, a check of the tracking number said my package was at my PO before breakfast. 2 days from Mo. to NC delivered to my PO box. WOW!

That's a lot faster than from Mo. to KS. Anymore I only buy from Midway as a last resort.

Boolit Master
    I too recently ordered from Midway. And like the OP, it was a total of (3) days from order to delivery. Even though the "scheduled deliver date is tomorrow,, I got the stuff last week.
    They have always treated me very well.

I got my order right on time today from MidwayUSA, using UPS SurePost.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1858 home.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	302872

I order from Midway probably 2 or 3 times a month, and have for years. Never had a problem with any delivery, and their return process is easy. They take returns no questions asked.
    What could possibly go wrong?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Well I ordered on Monday and my order still isn't in UPS hands. I asked what went wrong with Nitro Shipping and they said contact them if it hasn't arrived by the 14th. Nitro Shipping FTF!
    My packages from Midway have been shipped UPS and then handed off to the local PO for final delivery. This is the first package USPS start to finish.

Boolit Buddy
    I like Midway. Wallacem

Boolit Master

I never had anything but great service from Midway. I've ordered from them for 20+ years. At one point, I had bought so much from them they sent me a free hat (I still wear it).

I too have to say that Larry Potterfield's what-not shop is my reloading components supply house of absolute last resort and then only if I can't possibly put off the purchase until places like Graf's, Midsouth or BPI restock!

My last half-dozen orders all came in damaged due to Midway's insistence on putting easily broken/ruined items in with boxes of heavyweight items like boolets and little to no packing materials. My guess is that someone made the command decision that several cents per package could be saved if old news print and the labor to wad it up were eliminated from the shipping process!

GC
    Kind regards,
    GC

Chico Marx, after his wife caught him in bed with another woman: "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

I like Midway, but Their shipping dept leaves a bit to be desired.

Boolit Master
    I worried over the last order. Do I really want 1,000 bullets in the same box as targets but separate shipping was too expensive. They did an excellent job and everything arrived in perfect condition.

I himmed and hawed over shooting rests for weeks. Midway had the lead sled on sale but that's a lot to haul to the range and a rest and rear bag seemed closer to shooting in the field. I am trying to find the accuracy in a couple rifles and the cheap bags I bought are not quite enough. I am tall and our range is uphill so the big Caldwell BR Rest was just tall enough. I made the best deal I could, it's still in transit, and Midway dropped the price A BUNCH. My whole self image of getting the best deal is Shattered! LOL But if you need one Midway has the big rest and rear bag for $110.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

I have no problems with any of the above mentioned toy stores. In these crazy times shipping is sometimes good and sometimes not so good.

Boolit Bub

I himmed and hawed over shooting rests for weeks. Midway had the lead sled on sale but that's a lot to haul to the range and a rest and rear bag seemed closer to shooting in the field. I am trying to find the accuracy in a couple rifles and the cheap bags I bought are not quite enough. I am tall and our range is uphill so the big Caldwell BR Rest was just tall enough. I made the best deal I could, it's still in transit, and Midway dropped the price A BUNCH. My whole self image of getting the best deal is Shattered! LOL But if you need one Midway has the big rest and rear bag for $110.

I was too cheap to pay the price so I took a pair of $2 kid jeans from the 2nd hand store and cut the legs off in 8 inch pieces. sewed up one end, filled with sand, sewed up the other end and now I stack 'em to desired height.

That being said, I too have had great service from Midway.
    Follower of Jesus
    Licensed Certified Gunsmith, FFL
    Member, GOA, SAF, NAGR, OSSA, OFF, AFA, and FPC. Maybe others.

Boolit Buddy
    I've spent a TON of money with Uncle Larry over the years. They've more or less always treated me right.

Their shipping department can be a little sketchy sometimes (little thing banging around in a big box, or box bursting at the seams from being overstuffed with packing and barely being held together with one piece of tape) and lately, their prices are becoming less competitive, but they are still my first source to check when I need something.

I worried over the last order. Do I really want 1,000 bullets in the same box as targets but separate shipping was too expensive. They did an excellent job and everything arrived in perfect condition.

I bought an ATN digital scope from Sportsman's Guide and while checking out a popup came up wanting to sell me a HY-Score traverse and elevation mount for $29.95, they normal sold for $80 so I went ahead and bought it.
    It is a really nice mount but with what I would call a flaw.
    It has a handle that raises and lowers the rifle and a knob that locks in the position, only the lock is two serrated disks that never seem to lock in the exact position you want.
    I made a reversible modification that allows a smooth use of the elevation lever leaving the gun in any position you want.
    I put a review on Sportsman's Guide detailing my modification.
    When I got my mount, the instructions mentioned a portable shooting bench that the mount really works well on, although you can use the mount anywhere, the bench is not a necessity.
    Well low and behold the bench seemed to be discontinued.
    Fortunately, I found one on Ebay listed as used and bought it.
    When it arrived, it was in the original factory packaging and was never opened.
    I found one flaw with it.
    It had a mount to use a spotting scope and had a hole to store the knob to mount the scope when not in use, the hole was never threaded, a 1/4-20 tap fixed that in short order.
    It seems the T & E mount was discontinued a for a while and now is back at the original price.
    I really like it and you may want to check it out.
    I tried to leave a link, but they don't seem to have them now, but they did like two days ago.
    I guess never mind.

https://fishgame.com/2016/08/hyskore...shooting-rest/
    I finally found a place that has a review of both the HySkore track and elevation and the portable bench.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyKickinit View Post
    I was too cheap to pay the price so I took a pair of $2 kid jeans from the 2nd hand store and cut the legs off in 8 inch pieces. sewed up one end, filled with sand, sewed up the other end and now I stack 'em to desired height.

That being said, I too have had great service from Midway.
    I'm doing that too! A friend sewed up some shot bags and even put web strap handles on them. Love 'em!

Ron
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Grand Master

I've shopped with Midway from about the time they opened and have always been happy with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast