RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: A GREAT Substitute For Pasta Or Added To Pasta, Zucchini & Squash

Vendor Sponsor

A GREAT Substitute For Pasta Or Added To Pasta, Zucchini & Squash

GF used one of them veggie peelers that does the julienne strips, and she strips a zucchini and a yellow squash in long shreds that resemble cooked pasta noodles. She seasons them in a little evoo, salt & pepper, chopped garlic, thinly slice and chop half a red onion, add some sliced red or yellow bell pepper, stir, cover and saute over medium heat stirring as necessary until veggies are fork tender.

You can serve this as is, it's delicious and VERY healthy, you can put marinara or meat sauce on it to make it like spaghetti, you could use it anywhere that pasta noodles are used, you can add it to cooked pasta noodles, top with grated parmesan/romano cheese, you could make a scampi with it as well, quite versatile in what you can do with it.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

The wife runs zucchini length-wise over a mandolin slicer for long, wide 1/8" slices that she uses in place of noodles in lasagna. I dont normally eat zucchini, but that is quite tasty, and of course does not have to be be cooked like og noodles.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master
    That sounds pretty good but to be truthful I thought you were going to say BACON!!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 30calflash View Post
    BACON!!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.