Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationADvertise here
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingBonett

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 4145 USD (69%)
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Thread: New Medicare Card

Boolit Master

New Medicare Card

Recently I've been getting phone calls(YES, THOSE) notifying me that they are sending me a new Medicare Card. Of course this immediately raises red flags. The caller has a foreign accent and asks me if I am having a nice day. I usually respond with "I was". This prompts a pause and then he goes into his spiel. I ask him why do I need a new card. He reponds and tells me I can get all kinds of benefits. I tell him I've never heard of such a thing. The last call he got frustrated and asked me my last name. I told him I was old and couldn't remember. His response "You don't know your last name?" I said no! He responded with "Are you dumb? and hung up.

These are obviously scams of some sort. Our phones, landline and cell, are able to block numbers. They just change to a new number.
    John
    W.TN

Yeah...I get e-mails like that. They're trying to get you to sign up for a Medicare Supplemental Program. There are many of them out there, most are somewhere between poor and no good at all, not to mention expensive. My phone has a caller I.D. display screen, and if I don't know the caller I just push the "answer" button immediately followed by the "Off" button. Unrecognized e-mails get deleted. If someone really wants or needs to talk with me they'll let it ring past the first three rings, as most answering machines pick up after 4 rings. Then, depending on what the caller I.D. says, and how I feel about it, I might (or might not!) answer.

DG

Boolit Grand Master

Answer them SO and SO ( just make up a name) Design, shops phone rate is $350.00 an hour billed to nearest half hour. Then ask for a billing address.

I used to answer Jakes Mortuary if their not dead yet we can help with that too.

When foreign accent just keep asking them to speak English.

Remember its hard for them to prove harassment when they call you, Have fun with them

I've been thinking of getting a toll number at a rate of a dollar a minuet payable to me. That should cut the spammers down a bit, and I might then be a bit more motivated to answer the phone. Also, If someone is willing to pay to talk to me, it is most likely to be important.
    Deplorable infidel

Insurance co will go to any length getting our money. The NRA sadly does the same, I get renewal notices in the mail each and every month.

Boolit Master
    if I happen to answer phone and et one of those calls that's when I tell them were being attacked by sharks and ask them call Clint with his bigger boat to come get the sharks and can't really talk right now.
    if they get the joke, good for them, if they think im crazy, that's no problem either. but it usually gets them to hang up.
    I used to ask them where they are calling from, where is the office located and they always hang top real quick but that's not quite as much fun.
    not many people know this but quite a few of the call centers that try to sell us stuff are located in maximum security prisons and the people on the phone trying to pitch you stuff are convicted felons who get something like $0.05 an hour
    medicare, or for that matter no entity with the social security administration ever makes any calls to anyone about coverage.
    Last edited by farmbif; 08-05-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Recently I've been getting phone calls(YES, THOSE) notifying me that they are sending me a new Medicare Card. Of course this immediately raises red flags. The caller has a foreign accent and asks me if I am having a nice day. I usually respond with "I was". This prompts a pause and then he goes into his spiel. I ask him why do I need a new card. He reponds and tells me I can get all kinds of benefits. I tell him I've never heard of such a thing. The last call he got frustrated and asked me my last name. I told him I was old and couldn't remember. His response "You don't know your last name?" I said no! He responded with "Are you dumb? and hung up.

These are obviously scams of some sort. Our phones, landline and cell, are able to block numbers. They just change to a new number.
    i got a call also. they had all my info except my medicare number and she tried in the worst way for me to give it, but i did not, so finally the call was ended and i called medicare and they quickly said it was a scam. they told me they will never call anybody

Boolit Grand Master

I GET insurance, phone plans, windows doors and home improvement, credit cards, loans, among other things in my wifes name. I will call them and tell them she is indisposed but I dont want her to miss such a fine offer. When they get to asking how to reach her. I inform them thru a medium She was killed in 2002, why would I do business with a company that sends offers to the deceased.

Boolit Master
    I'm pretty sure I got a fake SSA notice asking me to call a number. When I did it was an answering machine with no way to enter the extension they gave me. I hung up without a word and called SSA where I said Fraud to the AI then I was On Hold As Usual until I gave up.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.