RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Need help picking new .300 blackout mold.

Need help picking new .300 blackout mold.

I am at the line, locked and cocked, ready to squeeze…..

I found two MP Molds that I am considering fro son’s AR .300 Blk.

This one IS the one I want, as I can also use it for several other specific rifles in my friend/ family circle. I’m just nervous, because it is a bunch of money, and if it will not work in AR Blk, then it’s original purpose is dead in the water. I’m concerned because it doesn’t mimick the profile of Lee 155 that does work in his rifle.

MP Bullet Mold - .308 / .300 Blk / 30-30 - 308 Hunt Hollow Point Gas Check - 4 Cavity Brass
    Cast .312 cal. bullets – 154 grain hollow point or 159 grain solid

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56BDBFC1-0480-4F4E-AC79-23E3D23936B7.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	302777

Or this one, that more resembles Lee 155, but MUCH lighter:
    MP Bullet Mold - .308 / .300 Blackout - 311-410 Hollow Point - GAS CHECK - 2 Cavity Brass. solid 135gn., 124gn big round, 129 small round

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	043724C6-6031-4880-BF96-9A99DAF3E73C.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	302779

Any advice, experience and constructive input is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Only considering super-sonic loading.
    Last edited by Krh1326; 08-02-2022 at 10:45 AM.

You really don't need the crimp groove and sometimes it gets in the way. My 145gr feeds in BO, shoots good in 30/30 and 308W as well. It is not HP though. Just don't see any need for HP for targets or hogs.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    You really don't need the crimp groove and sometimes it gets in the way. My 145gr feeds in BO, shoots good in 30/30 and 308W as well. It is not HP though. Just don't see any need for HP for targets or hogs.
    Lol, only Hogs and Pigs around here, are in Albany, roflmao. Which mold is that, that you use?

Boolit Buddy
    I recommend the ‘taco’ bullet mold by f.m.t and noe molds. It’s feeds great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonian09 View Post
    I recommend the ‘taco’ bullet mold by f.m.t and noe molds. It’s feeds great

That’s a big heavy weight sub-sonic boolit ?
    I failed to mention we are in supersonic territory, only.

Boolit Buddy
    I believe there is a 135grain variant as well. But that could be incorrect

Boolit Master
    I have the 311-410. I cannot get it to cycle at all in my AR. I have used several powders, changed seating depth, and loaded hot. The bullet is just too short and not quite pointy enough to make up the difference. You cannot seat it out very far either because of the grease groove. If you could it would work.

I standardized with the NOE 232, witch works great. The Lee 155 works great too, and it’s nothing like the 311-410.

Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    I have the 311-410. I cannot get it to cycle at all in my AR. I have used several powders, changed seating depth, and loaded hot. The bullet is just too short and not quite pointy enough to make up the difference. You cannot seat it out very far either because of the grease groove. If you could it would work.

I standardized with the NOE 232, witch works great. The Lee 155 works great too, and it’s nothing like the 311-410.

You the man! Thank you for valuable intell. When you are talking about cycling it, are you referring to firing it, cycle the action, lock back bolt etc …. Or are you talking about reliable feeding from mag to chamber, referencing how you’ve been seating?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Krh1326 View Post
    You the man! Thank you for valuable intell. When you are talking about cycling it, are you referring to firing it, cycle the action, lock back bolt etc …. Or are you talking about reliable feeding from mag to chamber, referencing how you’ve been seating?
    It won’t feed from the mag. The nose of the bullet jams into the feed ramp and the bolt closes on it in that position. 9 times out of 10.

ADMIN

https://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet...bullet=31-240E

I machine cast it using my automated Master Caster.

It was shot a bunch out of a Remington 700 300BO.
    I did attempt to shoot it out of my 10.5 inch upper AR but I didn't have enough gas to cycle it. It did feed properly though.....
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

It won’t feed from the mag. The nose of the bullet jams into the feed ramp and the bolt closes on it in that position. 9 times out of 10.

I thank you, sir. You prolly just saved me from a costly blunder. I would like to hand you a cold beer, out of my brine bucket. You would be surprised how cold you can get a bottle of beer, in some salted ice and water. You know, when you pop the cap, and the “smoke” rises, and the condensate starts rolling? Get a brain freeze just thinking about it. Thank you

So does anyone have any experience with the MP Bullet Mold - .308 / .300 Blk / 30-30 - 308 Hunt Hollow Point Gas Check - 4 Cavity Brass
    Cast .312 cal. bullets – 154 grain hollow point or 159 grain solid .

Accurate 31-142C(?) slick sided with GC - PCd. I've used a 170gr PB RanchDog version (for 30/30) in my 10", use 13gr 2400 for 1600 fps. Fun and hard hitting. BO throat is big but short and tapered. Most don't have luck with HP in ARs.
    Whatever!

I had the same problem. The only way I got it to feed was to fill the hollow point with hot glue. Worked well and accurate but too much fiddling around for me.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

It kills me that, we have cast boolits and their molds that have exposed lube or crimp grooves ? I know it’s just aesthetic, but it really looks stupid. Why can’t these mold manufacturers make a mold that is “supposedly” for 300 BLK actually BE for 300 Blk… ? Grooves, including crimp where they are supposed to be , in a practical spot? Why are they making these boolits to difficult COLs for feeding, battery..etc?

My rant for the day. I feel better now. Carry on….

Does anyone have either of these molds, that would consider selling/ sending me a few of your casts, for trials?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DAFzipper View Post
    I had the same problem. The only way I got it to feed was to fill the hollow point with hot glue. Worked well and accurate but too much fiddling around for me.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    I will try that with a few to see.

Boolit Buddy
    I have bought honestly a half dozen molds to try to get to work for super Sonic 300blk,

The Lee 312-155 doesn’t work for me, it won’t chamber unless I seat it WAY to short for my liking, the Lee 309-150fn 170fn 180rn or 200rn don’t chamber either. I have bought 3 NOE molds for the 300 too and they won’t work, I have probably spent close to 500$ on bullet molds for the 300blk, I have talked to AL from NOE. I even FLEW to Provo UT with my 300s to see what would work and that’s how we decided on the 130grn

I have the NOE RD165 HP https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop...-cavity-gc-rd/ and it won’t chamber in my 300blk’s either (though it shoots 1/2moa in my TC compass 308 at 2400FPS)

So I had to go with this guy https://noebulletmolds.com/site/prod...10-135-rn-by3/ it is the only bullet that I could get to cycle and shoot in all 3 of my ARs, my load is 12.8 H110 and it shoots single holes at 50 with my Ruger Ranch 300blk using a 2-7 scope.

Good luck! Once you get it working it’s a fun gun to shoot I’m getting ready to do some expansion testing on the 130grn bullet to see if it would be okay to hunt deer for my 11 year old niece with my 10” AR Pistol at 50-75 yards max, I hope you have good luck if you PM me I have some bullets left over if you want to test them to see what works for you,
    The noses of the bullet is what got me since I PC. They would stick in the rifling and not chamber

The noses of the bullet is what got me since I PC
    Get an Accurate mould and have the nose cut small. What I did with the 142. Also got the shank smaller so not a problem with GC. I got it cut with the body large (normal alloy drops 313), nose small. Fits in 30/30, 3 BOs and henry 308W. I also run my 170gr (30/30 design) version of the RD PB in the BO pistol about 1600 fps, good for hogs and deer, lite recoil with 2400 powder. Few yrs back had 9 yr olds having fun with that. They went through a lot of ammo.
    Whatever!