Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, August 02

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, August 02

Good morning all. Boy, did I need this message today! Have a safe and blessed day.

The Teaching of Adversity
    By Oswald Chambers

In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. —John 16:33

The typical view of the Christian life is that it means being delivered from all adversity. But it actually means being delivered in adversity, which is something very different. “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling…” (Psalm 91:1,10)— the place where you are at one with God.

If you are a child of God, you will certainly encounter adversities, but Jesus says you should not be surprised when they come. “In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” He is saying, “There is nothing for you to fear.” The same people who refused to talk about their adversities before they were saved often complain and worry after being born again because they have the wrong idea of what it means to live the life of a saint.

God does not give us overcoming life— He gives us life as we overcome. The strain of life is what builds our strength. If there is no strain, there will be no strength. Are you asking God to give you life, liberty, and joy? He cannot, unless you are willing to accept the strain. And once you face the strain, you will immediately get the strength. Overcome your own timidity and take the first step. Then God will give you nourishment— “To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life…” (Revelation 2:7). If you completely give of yourself physically, you become exhausted. But when you give of yourself spiritually, you get more strength. God never gives us strength for tomorrow, or for the next hour, but only for the strain of the moment. Our temptation is to face adversities from the standpoint of our own common sense. But a saint can “be of good cheer” even when seemingly defeated by adversities, because victory is absurdly impossible to everyone, except God.

Wisdom From Oswald Chambers

There is no allowance whatever in the New Testament for the man who says he is saved by grace but who does not produce the graceful goods. Jesus Christ by His Redemption can make our actual life in keeping with our religious profession. Studies in the Sermon on the Mount, 1465 R
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Amen! First we have to follow him, no matter where he leads.

Second we have to give the problem our FULL attention. Hit it with everything you have. Then when you run out the Lord can replenish you.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious
    unto you and give you His peace. If things in your past have left wounds on your spirit, bring
    those burdens to Jesus for healing. Shake off the shackles of the past to press ahead free and filled with hope.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master

I have frequently asked pastors what we are to do once we put on the full armor of God (Ephesians). None of them have a ready answer, yet in that very passage it tells us what to do. Five times it says "to stand", "that you may stand", "stand firm"... . In the Old Testament we are told that "those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint, they shall mount up on wings like eagles".

There is a constant tension between doing the best I can with what I have and trusting God for the rest and standing and waiting - but both are necessary. To stand against the accusations of others when I am righteous is to stand and wait, to deal with the misbehavior of my children is to act first.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    An excellent message and one we must never forget.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Amen!