Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Hatsan help?

Hatsan help?

I know this is a long shot but here goes. My Model 95 .22 caliber finally gave up after 7000+ shots. Hatsan USA Service said the Type 1 Vortex piston likely lost most of it's pressure. This rifle is made in Turkey and the part is out of stock and it's not known when it will be back in stock. It's out of warrantee. Is there any such thing as a independent repair person out there I could contact for a quicker repair?

Boolit Buddy
    As the owner of a Model 95 .22 cal, I'm sorry to hear about this. I just finished the second package of CPHP's through mine. From what I've gathered from various air gun boards, the "standard solution" for Hatsan parts is to watch their web site for a refurb gun as a source of parts (or a cheaper working replacement). They are often half the price of new, but .22s are harder to find. Depending on what parts you need, it may even end up cheaper than buying parts. In your case, scarcity of .22 guns isn't as much a problem since you didn't have a caliber specific part that failed. Another avenue, there is a fellow on You-Tube named Mike Ellingsworth, who does some work on Hatsans and a number of other pellet gun brands. He has several videos, showing how he does things. He may not be able to help directly, but probably knows of some other resources. Bad comes to worse, it is possible to convert the Vortex to a spring powered gun. There are a few Hatsan specific parts involved, but there are a number of sources for springs. There are quite a few airgun boards, you might take a look at a few of them for other options.

Another source for refurbs is https://www.fieldsupply.com/airguns/refurbished.html I took a look and they show in stock on an M95 in .22 for around $150.

Good Luck!

Trapshooter
    Last edited by Trapshooter; 08-05-2022 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typing problem &added 2nd source

Boolit Buddy
    There isn't much to go wrong with a spring-piston gun. Most likely are the breech seal, the piston seal and the spring. The breech seals are standard sizes for Hatsan. The piston seal is again pretty standard and you should find aftermarket alternatives. I think Hatsan has 2 cylinder sizes. The springs are really easy to source. YouTube has lots of videos on disassembly. If your gun has the quattro trigger, they are fiddly and you need a short section of rod to hol the trigger bits together once the trigger is out.

After reading the link for airgunwarriors.com That bryan scott posted, I knew I made the right decision to send the rifle to Hatsan. Their repair cost is $90. to replace the piston, test and return shipping, plus it cost me $25. to ship UPS. Not cheap, but I really think to do it myself is above my pay grade.

I shipped my Model 95 rifle to Hatsan on August 11th and tracking shows it arrived there August 15th and dropped off "at the dock". Since then I've had no communication after two emailed inquiries. Two attempts at phone calls since resulted in a recording to inquire by email. I had already been told the out of stock type one piston was back in stock and I immediately requested a RMA for the return which was promptly sent to me. Is this standard procedure for Hatsan? I hope my rifle didn't fall into a black hole there, never to be seen again.