Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Fun at the PO

Boolit Master

Fun at the PO

I forgot to get and post a birthday card to my sister till yesterday. I'll be 69 next month so I'm prone to forget stuff on a regular basis. I couldn't use my local PO so I went to the one in the neighboring town 5 miles away. Still have the nice Korean lady working the counter but she has a customer. Another lady comes from the back, weighs the birthday card envelope and says 60¢ and hands me the card and a stamp. The nice ladies at my usual PO will take care of the stamp and throw it in the out basket. This one doesn't want to spoil the FUN. I don't know the trick to getting the paper backing off and can't see the hidden perforations since the PO's have gone to dimming the lights. I get the stamp about 4" from my glasses but still can't see a thing. I laugh a bit cuz' this is a bunch of FUN. I look up and the nice Korean is looking at me and smiling. She says "Can I help?" I say "If you can't we'll be here till after closing time." Since she's a professional, it takes like 2 seconds and that's with the plastic gloves on. I stick the stamp on and make extra sure it won't fall off. She laughs and I swear I heard laughing from the back. I gave her my best "I'll be back" which definitely got laughing from the back and her. Fun, FUn, FUN.

Nothing like small town Post Offices. The lady that works the counter at ours is a wealth of information and gossip of the local happenings.

Same here. One lady employee who is the Postmaster. Goes out of her way to help.

DG

Our will have 4 working with 2 customers, but once the line gets to be 10 deep. Then 3 will finish with their customer then get up and leave and never come back leaving one to help the remaining customers.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Our will have 4 working with 2 customers, but once the line gets to be 10 deep. Then 3 will finish with their customer then get up and leave and never come back leaving one to help the remaining customers.
    That is corporate policy. Same happens at banks here. More than 6 people in line and the tellers go for coffee, lunch, or what ever limbo exists in the bank employee lounge
    Mangers will watch with a satisfied smile rather than step up to the wicket
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master

We have a small Post Office with usually only the postmaster there. Always great service.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Same here. One lady employee who is the Postmaster. Goes out of her way to help.

DG
    Basically the same here except for two ladies. The Postmaster (one of the ladies) tried fixing me up a couple of times after I moved out here. Didn't work out but FarmerOnly.com did

Boolit Master
    At my Big Sur Post Office I usually find the Postmaster behind the counter. He enjoys the job and helping customers. There are one or two others that make the deliveries. The hours are shorter 8:30-11:00, 12:00-3:30 but the service is excellent.

In the Carmel PO they really know how to milk a job. They aren't happy if the line isn't out the door. One fellow was actually complaining about how rough he had it, inside in a heated office, no real heavy work and they all support each other's laziness. LOL The Mail Carriers do the heavy lifting and are pretty good.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Our PO has a bell to ring on the counter if a clerk isn't there - which oftentimes they aren't because they are in back sorting mail. We have some really good clerks at this time - some have been there a long time and a couple are new but very friendly. In talking with one of the gals who has been there a long time. she told me that they have had the same problems as businesses. They hire someone and they either don't want to work or they work for a while and quit - then they have to work twice as hard and take up the slack until they can get someone hired or someone transfers in. A couple of the old-timers retired while we were gone for the winter - they said doodle-lou as soon as they were eligible and are glad to be gone with the way the PO is now run.

Moderator Emeritus

Just the branch manager here, postmaster is in a bigger town 17 miles away. Hours are 8:30AM to 11:00AM no Saturday hours. Postal truck stops in the morning at 7AM so any outgoing mail sits overnight...

Small town USA... we had to fight to even keep the post office back when they were on a close every small town office! Since this office serves a LOT of people we managed to get them to keep it open with limited hours.

Boolit Master

As hard as it is to imagine, the best post office I’ve ever used was the main PO in New Orleans. They were fast and friendly every time I went in. They didn’t know most of the customers like a small PO would but for a city PO they were great.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    At Least you have a post office. Ours closed because the post master in Pueblo won't honor the contract with the new guy that had reopened the post office in our little town