WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forster Co-Ax Tips and good ideas

Boolit Buddy
    My "Forester" is a Bonanza (bought new)! Used with a short handle for pistol rounds (low volume) otherwise a 'progressive' for higher volumes of rounds. Some RCBS lock rings can be 'slimmed' down to work in the press, some older ones work as is. The primer catch container can be increase in volume as desired (lots of options). Works great for "precision" rifle reloads. Also note, other brands of dies work with a simple lock ring swap. And do lube it as needed. And I like to prime off press with a hand primer (Lyman).
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Thanks for all the replies! This has been exactly what I wanted.
    Tony

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Hmmm I just looked at this press on Brownells, $400 delivered? Then you have to fix it? You know this is going to kick the whole money saving thing down the road a few years.

I would chuckle except I just spent too much on a rest.
    The press is great right out of the box and all the modifications are just "customizing" for personal preferences...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Sir, I would proudly hold your beer.
    J. I have seen your works on several the forums I visit ....I wish I had access to the machines you do .... I love building "stuff" ...sometimes it works great ...sometimes it don't!!! I like to meet you in person one day and shake hands ...

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    Well there is one or two things that just can't be fixed...I can not use my RCBS collet bullet puller with this press or the Lee push through type bullet sizers.

I am of course assuming you haven't made a hack for these as well. LOL
    Why can't you use the push through dies ??
    I use the push through Redding G-Rx die with my 357 SIG ... I did modify the "shell holder" type push rod to .30/06 size head (.473) ...the jaws hold it just fine and have sized over 3000 357 SIG brass using it ....

Please explain you problem...

Boolit Bub
    I once had a stuck case , ripped part of the rim off in the Rockchucker.
    Screwed the dies out, popped it in the Co-ax and pulled the case right out.

PS my press is an older one with the hex screw to hold the dies in.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimKirk View Post
    Why can't you use the push through dies ??
    I use the push through Redding G-Rx die with my 357 SIG ... I did modify the "shell holder" type push rod to .30/06 size head (.473) ...the jaws hold it just fine and have sized over 3000 357 SIG brass using it ....

Please explain you problem...
    https://leeprecision.com/bullet-cast...let-sizing-kit This big red thing doesn't fit under the handle and modifying the push stub is more effort than just using my RC or old Lee three hole turret.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Man
    https://leeprecision.com/bullet-cast...let-sizing-kit This big red thing doesn't fit under the handle and modifying the push stub is more effort than just using my RC or old Lee three hole turret.
    Well that is only the catch container ... the die would still work as designed ... you'd just have catch the bullet by hand or put a rubber tube over the die and direct the bullets to a container sitting behind the press....

There Is little that can not be made to work ... the collet type dies are one ...but the can use the shell holder adapter ...if it was your only press ... take about the same time as changing the jaws around...

Yeah changing the push rod took about ten minutes in a drill press ....pretty simple ...
    Last edited by JimKirk; 08-03-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Well there is one or two things that just can't be fixed...I can not use my RCBS collet bullet puller with this press or the Lee push through type bullet sizers.

I am of course assuming you haven't made a hack for these as well. LOL
    I have sized a few hundred 45 cal. bullets on my Co-Ax with a simple to make ram, took about 2 minutes. My press was set up for 45 ACP so I took a 45 ACP case and shoved a .450" or so dowel, 2 1/2" long into the case and set the case in the shell holder jaws. Granted I don't use the "big red thing" and I just pick the sized bullet off the top of the Lee sizing die by hand and drop it into a container (pick up an unsized bullet with my left hand, set it on the ram and guide it into the die as I raise the ram. As the bullet is sized I raise my left hand 3 1/2" and pick the bullet off the top of the die. No big deal). No, not speedy automatic anything, but In have a few "customized" Lee push through dies that I can use quickly and easily and I don't have to remove my Co-ax from the Rock Dock and set up my single stage Pacific press to size a hundred or so bullets.

Since I don't need to pull many (none) jacketed bullets I don't use a collet bullet pulling die, and it won't hold cast bullets good enough either...
    Last edited by mdi; 08-04-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123