Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: 50x110 WCF rifle

Boolit Bub

50x110 WCF rifle

Been cleaning my reloading bench and I came across my C&H 50x110 dies. I have a fairly nice Winchester express rifle. It's my dad's rifle he bought for one of is Namibia trips. It's too nice for me to mess around with at the range. I was wondering if there are any current rifles out there that are that I would rate as a,"daily driver." I remember some entry and mid level sharps and highwall replicas in the 90's . Also, anybody want to do a 50/50 deal with me for brass? I want to buy 50 50-110 , but starline only has 100.

Boolit Mold
    I don't know of any current production .50-110 WCF rifles (maybe some of the custom Sharps makers but they will not have the slow express bullet twist). Your best bet would be an Encore with a custom barrel.

I'm curious as to why you thinks it's too nice to take to the range, when your Dad got it to trek thru the African bush?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by veeman View Post
    I'm curious as to why you thinks it's too nice to take to the range, when your Dad got it to trek thru the African bush?
    me too ????

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by veeman View Post
    Yes, it's been through the bush. I am actually quoting my dad. He told me a few years ago not to mess with the way he had it set up. He said, " It's already set up nicely, don't mess with it." We're hoping to have 2 rifles in the same caliber one for each of us. I am notorious for changing the settings on many of his things such as the cars and rifles. Hopefully, we will have another opportunity to go out again before the end of the year. This time around in Asia. He is 84 and still able to go out. He told me I can change everything when he gets too old and gives up going out on the field.

Boolit Master

Get yourself a Uberti High wall and send it out to JES. I spoke to him a couple months ago about the very same thing.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Buddy
    Current thread on the Levergun Forum on this site. "This Thing Will Kick". Member hard88cast had John Taylor, an active Forum Gunsmith. Build him two 50-110's in the last year. Donor rifles were Browning Model 71's. John just finished a 18" carry rifle. Good picture of the rifle in the first posting. First rifle was a 22". It's a real shooter.
    Rick
    Last edited by Rick B; 08-20-2022 at 06:26 PM.