Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Strange Response When Posting Quick Reply

Boolit Master

Strange Response When Posting Quick Reply

The last two "Quick Reply's" that I have posted have prompted a message that I may lose my post. Turns out I don't but never had this happen before.
    John
    W.TN

Sometimes that happens to me also-- it's says something like leaving this page may result in loss of what you've posted. As you noted, if you "go back" to the list of threads nothing happens. Except that sometimes you get a double post. I don't know the mystery behind it. It's happened to me off and on for well over a year, and comes and goes.

DG

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Sometimes that happens to me also-- it's says something like leaving this page may result in loss of what you've posted. As you noted, if you "go back" to the list of threads nothing happens. Except that sometimes you get a double post. I don't know the mystery behind it. It's happened to me off and on for well over a year, and comes and goes.

DG
    This has also happened to me ... off and on for the past two years ...
    it gives me two options ... leave this page or go back ... I'm not sure what the correct answer is .

Should I leave the page or go back ?
    Whatever I did last time gave me a double post ... I hate double post but spometimes I can't figure out how to delete the second ...
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Vendor Sponsor

The site appears like it's lagging, you get the revolving icon meaning it's thinking about it, and you post again you get the same response but a double post.

The easy thing to do (on a PC) is to simply open a new tab, navigate to the thread you are attempting to reply in, and look to see if your reply is there. 99% chance your reply is there and you can simply close the tab that's still waiting on a response from the server.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

I'm on a phone.. I see it often. I choose leave. Usually works out ok.

I've been having trouble getting replies to post also. As above, the little thinking about it circle appears and then I get the This Site can't be reached notice. Other times it double posts. I'm glad others posted about this as I thought it might be my server. Ran the Webroot scan and found noting wrong on my PC. Gp

Boolit Master

This has happened to me also. I found the best thing to do is "Copy" the text I want to save. Leave. Go back to the thread. Start over "Paste" my comments and finish it up if need be etc. That way you don't waste a lot of typing.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post

DG
    been happening to me also on all replies for past week or so -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    The site appears like it's lagging, you get the revolving icon meaning it's thinking about it, and you post again you get the same response but a double post.

The easy thing to do (on a PC) is to simply open a new tab, navigate to the thread you are attempting to reply in, and look to see if your reply is there. 99% chance your reply is there and you can simply close the tab that's still waiting on a response from the server.
    Thanks ... I'm going to print this ...so I wont forget ... and do it when it happens again .

Appreciate the help
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"