MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Never ever again: Brownells and Fed-Ex

Noah
    Midway USA also likes using UPS Mail Innovations. I had an order disappear due to this "service" and it took a couple of months to get it resolved through Midway.
    THE BUCK STARTS HERE
    I had an order that was overdue. The tracking info showed that it was at the USPS processing center. I still don't know if it was ever really there. Long story short - UPS said that they handed the package over to USPS and they had no responsibility from there. They could not and would not research the issue. USPS said that they did not receive the package , call UPS. Apparently the two shippers do not exchange information, no signatures or receipts when UPS drops a load at USPS. Midway USA stalled for over a month. "We show that USPS has your order, give it more time". Needless to say I avoid the UPS Mail Innovations now. Midway USA did replace the order......eventually.
    Last edited by DAVIDMAGNUM; 08-20-2022 at 03:53 PM.

Boolit Master

It is getting bad I have a 12 gauge roll crimp tool that I'm waiting for from Precision reloading that was mailed USPS I ordered it on the 13th and here it is the 30th and it's only tracked two places from South Dakota and has stopped moving. Originally it showed as going from South Dakota to Wisconsin and stopping there but now when I track it it doesn't even show Wisconsin which tells me that USPS has no idea where it is.

Fed Ex is at the bottom of my list of carriers. Last fall, after receiving a text a delivery would be the next day and an adult signature would be required, my wife and I juggled our schedules and made arrangements so someone would be home for the announced delivery. Guess what? No delivery happened. After 30 plus minutes I got a Fed Ex representative on the phone who was unsympathetic to my experience. She asked if I’d logged on to the website to see when the delivery would be. My response was I didn’t feel it was necessary since I’d received a text telling me when the shipment would be delivered. A week later, 10 lbs of black powder was dropped off at the door, without prior notification, and without any adult signature releasing the shipment. I called Grafs and expressed my dissatisfaction with Fed Ex but was told although they were receiving complaints about them, they were locked in to using Fed Ex
    Fast forward to this spring. One Sunday morning a Fed Ex package was lying at the end of my driveway with an address 10+ miles away. Monday morning the Fed Ex truck was in the neighborhood and I tried to give him the package that fell out his truck the day before. He refused to take it. After an hour trying to get a person on the phone trying to get a Fed Ex person, I found the phone number of the individual to whom the package was addressed. They ended up coming by and getting it.

I hate that UPS/USPS innovations service. I currently have a parcel stuck in the transfer and reordering it is not possible because its now backordered everywhere. This service also takes longer.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master

Sad part is..many times when we order from these various suppliers..we can't choose what carrier we are getting..though with ups extracting itself rapidly from the gun market..its mostly going to be FedEx. Dhl doesn't even deliver in my area...

Boolit Master
    And I had cleaned up and calmed down ready for the pillow and stopped in here. I have had it broke off in me three times this year already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year, instead of Fed-Ex driving up my driveway to deliver an expensive western straw hat to me,the driver tossed the big box under the mailbox on the rod in plain sight for anybody to see. Just so happened that it poured down raining that day. However, when I opened the box, I found that the hat already had green mold on it so obviously, the hat had been soaked way before that day and probably sat in the back of the truck for a month. Bunch of idiots!

Just a idea order some skunk essences , then see how fast they will move it, in the past before any of this I ordered a lure with it in it and with other supplies and it did not took UPS long to move it and the driver was complaining about the smell. He was glad to get it out of the truck and I take it the company was glad to get it out of the way.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I thought FedEx wouldn't handle ORM-D packages.

I've never had a lick of trouble with Brownell's, but I have never bought powder or primers there.
    Cognitive Dissident

The blame here lies with FedEx, not Brownell. I never thought a private carrier could beat the USPS as far as dissatisfaction, but FedEx has exceeded the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    The blame here lies with FedEx, not Brownell. I never thought a private carrier could beat the USPS as far as dissatisfaction, but FedEx has exceeded the challenge.
    I'm going to say the blame starts with Brownells. I've complained to them about crap FedEx service a couple of times and they can't even bother acknowledging the complaint. Brownells would have leverage with FedEx, since Brownells is the customer, not those of us on the "receiving end", as it were ...
    Google -
    Keepers of the Digital Panopticon since 1998

Boolit Master
    Sounds like many of you guys are a magnet for trouble and poor service. I guess I have not ordered too much the last few years, stocked-up prior to out current situation. But when I do things are fine, with whichever service they use. Had a book I just receive take a bit of time, but that was not priority or 1st class, it was media rate, so it was fine.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

I know I am going to sound like a conspiracy nut, but do you guys see a pattern here? Just another approach to gun/ammo control aided by all the major carriers.
    Just a thought.
    Dave
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
    --Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by eastbank View Post
    i have had a few problems with both fedx-ups, they should change there names to FEDUP.
    Good one!
    Scrounging for pb...

USMC 0351

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    I thought FedEx wouldn't handle ORM-D packages.

I've never had a lick of trouble with Brownell's, but I have never bought powder or primers there.
    ORM-D no longer exists. Phased out December 31, 2020. Supposed to use a "limited quantity" sticker, now. https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/sites/phms...t%20Poster.pdf

Been a while since I had to deal with ORM-D, had to look it up.

Bill

Boolit Master

Just my luck I have a box of ammo due me from Sig.. I'm guessing it will be another pooch-screwing contest for me to get it as I'm guessing it will have to go get ex since ups hates anything fun now...ugh... And FedEx won't hold anything fun related at its ground terminals in my city.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    ORM-D no longer exists. Phased out December 31, 2020. Supposed to use a "limited quantity" sticker, now. https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/sites/phms...t%20Poster.pdf

Been a while since I had to deal with ORM-D, had to look it up.

Bill
    Well, now you know how long it's been since I ordered any powder or ammo online!
    Cognitive Dissident

Must be lucky. Both have been very good for me...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Well, now you know how long it's been since I ordered any powder or ammo online!
    I ordered two boxes of 9mm for my youngest, so she'd have ammo for her CLEET qualification, and they delivered it on the far side of town, 4 or 5 hours before they got to my neighborhood and said they delivered it. Asked Midway to refund because she found two more boxes at one of the local stores. Turned out to be a good thing, as that batch of ammo got recalled shortly after. UPS delivery, for that one, as well. I sort of wonder where the driver lives... That was the first and probably the last time I order online for delivery. I'll either load my own, or buy/make the components. I was a prepper before it was cool! 2nd step-father started me on it in 1965.

Boolit Grand Master

When I order from Brownell's I have a choice of UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, or USPS Priority Mail. I always try to use UPS Ground since they have given me the best service. I have had very poor service for FedEx and USPS. I do use FedEx for shipping ammo since they come to the house and pick it up with a HazMat trained driver.

Brownell's has always been 100% for me. I have a hard time understanding how shipping issues are their problem when you can select UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, or USPS Priority Mail.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast