MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Possible Powder Charging Die Hack

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.

Possible Powder Charging Die Hack

I noticed my Dillon 223/5.56mm NATO powder funnel tightly fits the neck and shoulder of my cases. This gave me an idea. Could you use a neck sizing bushing in a powder charging die and skip the sizing die altogether. This would be for those that wish to necksize only. What say you? I'm pretty sure someone has tried this.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master

Seems to me it would put too much stress on the powder measure since that is what you would be pushing against to force the neck into the bushing. Plus, the case neck really would not be in the bushing until the measure has hit the stop and already dropped the charge.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Seems to me it would put too much stress on the powder measure since that is what you would be pushing against to force the neck into the bushing. Plus, the case neck really would not be in the bushing until the measure has hit the stop and already dropped the charge.
    I don't believe it would put any more pressure or stress on the measure than the charging mechanism and flaring/expander do. I honestly can't picture it taking more pressure to size the neck and operate the measure, than my Lee AutoDrum takes. That thing has one very stiff spring. I might add my Dillon measure is manual.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it