Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ 52 springs

shooting mine regularly since 1993 with reloads + surplus ammo including 600 rounds of hot chi com sub gun ammo + no signs of any wear on any parts anywhere -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    I had to use my C&R license to buy it out of state. Apparently, putting a 9mm barrel in the gun makes it no longer C&R eligible.
    I bought the Ortgies with my C&R, but, because they were made in both calibers, I can swap those barrels and it's still C&R.
    I bought the Astra with my regular license to carry, and I can swap the 9mm and 9mm Largo barrels all I want, even though the 9mm barrel was after market.
    No big deal, but interesting.
    Last edited by Battis; 07-29-2022 at 08:45 AM.

I improved one of mine (IMO) by d&t the slide stop for an Allen screw to serve as a slide release. I stoned the trigger/ sear/hammer surfaces. I replaced the rear sight with a 1911A1 sight, and I contoured the grip frame and rear trigger guard for a better feel.
    We shot a couple thousand rounds of Yugoslavia ball through 3 CZ52s and never had a spring or wear problem- or a jam.
    Yes, they are loud.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I had to use my C&R license to buy it out of state. Apparently, putting a 9mm barrel in the gun makes it no longer C&R eligible.
    I bought the Ortgies with my C&R, but, because they were made in both calibers, I can swap those barrels and it's still C&R.
    I bought the Astra with my regular license to carry, and I can swap the 9mm and 9mm Largo barrels all I want, even though the 9mm barrel was after market.
    No big deal, but interesting.
    it would only be a non C+R if you tried to sell it as a C+R with the 9mm barel installed or any other modifications - just because you acquired it as a C+R there is no legal requirement that is has to remain a C+R permanently -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

I run mine on 3 grains of Red Dot below the Lee .214 100 gr Truncated Cone tumble lube groove boolit. This solved a lot of problems that round nose bullets that were running into rifling and resisting going into battery. Since switching to this bullet I have not had a single one refuse to go into battery and no failure to feed events.

3 grains of Red Dot is probably not blazing fast, but is quieter with less muzzle blast to distract and disorient me. Shoots well to sights in nice tight groups.
    I'm happy with it. YMMV.

PS I got mine as a box of parts with a broken fireing pin. Rollers looked good so I just got a new firing pin and eventually figured out how to lock it into place.
    Then my friend who "gave" me a worthless box of parts wanted cash. I told him I could take the pin out and give it back. (much to his dismay) We ended up me giving him 100$ on a 200$ gun but my time and parts had to count for something.
    Last edited by GhostHawk; 07-30-2022 at 08:53 AM.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

.214 seems small for a 7.62 x25 -
    Last edited by schutzen-jager; 07-30-2022 at 01:34 PM. Reason: ?

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    it would only be a non C+R if you tried to sell it as a C+R with the 9mm barel installed or any other modifications - just because you acquired it as a C+R there is no legal requirement that is has to remain a C+R permanently
    I wondered about that. Lots of mis-information concerning C&R (here in MA at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I wondered about that. Lots of mis-information concerning C&R (here in MA at least).
    state laws can be stricter than federal laws , but they con not conflict with them - check with your states attorney general + get a response in writing to be on the safe side -

as they say in latin

Sorry typo, should have been .314.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Moderator Emeritus

I just seen this thread.
    I've owned 4 or 5 CZ52's over the years.

I've never reloaded for them, I've only shot Mil surp ammo...and all the flavors I ever got were HOT. The felt recoil is better described as muzzle jump ...and there is surely more than any other semi-auto pistol I ever shot. I never replaced any springs.

I've experienced one firing pin issue. Everyone talks about them breaking, but what I had was a wear issue. I believe what happens is over time and lots of shooting of hot mil surp ammo, the striking surface of the firing pin wears or more better put, it gives off micro chips of the cast metal they are made from, because it didn't look peened. Anyway, it wears until it becomes too short to fire consistently. I ordered a aftermarket firing pin made from tool steel, I don't recall the seller, it was 20 years ago.

In the 1990s, my shooting buddy (may he RIP) and I, each ordered a 9mm barrel from Century that were suppose to be "drop in" and they were, but original mags wouldn't feed reliably from a fully loaded mag, it would work consistently if only 2 or 3 rounds were in the mag. He figured out a mod that would function fully loaded, and converted two mags for each of us...but that made the mags dedicated to 9mm luger only.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12