RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: water moccasins-learn something new every day.

"If it ain't got no legs...it ain't no friend of mine!"

Sierra Rattler...highly allergic to 1911's...lost his head to a handload.

Back in the late 50's I had a 5 footer moccasin chase me up & out of a drainage in South Tejas west of Houston. I kept looking back thinking he'd stop any minute but it kept on coming. That dang snake was on a mission and it scared the pants off me!
    I used to tell that story but quit because too many people would say..."Snakes don't chase people!" ... Like hell they don't!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

I kill every cottonmouth I see, every copperhead I see, and every snake I see, EXCEPT a King Snake. King Snake our friend and kills bad ones. Yup, cottonmouths will run at you, well, not 'run', but you know what I mean. Sometimes I just go snake shooting, especially where I like to fish. I've had one run up out of the water onto the bank of a pond and come straight for me. I've caught them with rod and reel, one of which was not a cottonmouth but a water moccasin of about 5 feet that wanted the lil maulhead catfish that had just took my bait, it latched on and both of them came out of the water. I've caught cottonmouths with a bent stick and observed them. I don't like them. What I don't like is walking down the middle of a deep creek and having to look at eye level at the creek bank for them when it can be within a foot or two distance. 12-gauge is your friend. I've skinned and eaten them too, tastes like chicken of course. Snake chicken meat, just like rattlers, or gators, all reptiles taste the same to me.
    Last edited by Jungle Dave; 04-06-2023 at 03:02 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    "If it ain't got no legs...it ain't no friend of mine!"

Sierra Rattler...highly allergic to 1911's...lost his head to a handload.

Back in the late 50's I had a 5 footer moccasin chase me up & out of a drainage in South Tejas west of Houston. I kept looking back thinking he'd stop any minute but it kept on coming. That dang snake was on a mission and it scared the pants off me!
    I used to tell that story but quit because too many people would say..."Snakes don't chase people!" ... Like hell they don't!
    That is one pretty snake. Wrong foot ware for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123