Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Annealer

Annealer

A gift from a friend, it really improves the annealing a lot, they all look the same
    https://youtube.com/shorts/Wxv4ko-pPTc

Quote Originally Posted by nueces5 View Post
    A gift from a friend, it really improves the annealing a lot, they all look the same
    https://youtube.com/shorts/Wxv4ko-pPTc
    Looks very similar to the one I made a while back. Hope the link works, it's my first video link attempt. If not, no biggie.

https://imgur.com/a/3pwzDfj

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Very Cool! I will have to build one. What's under the hood?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Very Cool! I will have to build one. What's under the hood?
    DIYCASEANNEALER.pdf

Hope this helps, I had issues downloading it so the attachment may not work.

Slim

Boolit Master
    Got it! Thank You!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Got it! Thank You!
    You're welcome, mine is no work of art but it does work.

Keep in mind prices may have gone up since I built mine. For the main drum, I just cut down a gallon paint bucket. For different calibers, the drum width may have to vary. I cut mine for use with .308's, Some 30-06's tended to fall out upon loading. I'm thinking I can just make a wider insert to the drum but have not done so as of yet.

Slim

Boolit Bub
    When I get caught up on my other projects. I am going to build one of these. Thanks for the info

Boolit Grand Master

Nice. I really like that setup. I see so many annealers posted that are so over complicated I loose interest immediately. Some look really slick to use, but require special things to build. In this instance I see a perfect solution for the average person. Most of that stuff the average guy already has or can be got at a hardware store cheap. The only thing to buy is the motor with gearbox. I think you could do it even simpler than you did. All you need is a potentiometer to control the speed of a DC motor, but if you wanted the display that's not very expensive. I'd just run mine off a deep cycle battery rather than get a power supply. Is there any reason you chose to go with aluminum for the feed ramp?

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Nice. I really like that setup. I see so many annealers posted that are so over complicated I loose interest immediately. Some look really slick to use, but require special things to build. In this instance I see a perfect solution for the average person. Most of that stuff the average guy already has or can be got at a hardware store cheap. The only thing to buy is the motor with gearbox. I think you could do it even simpler than you did. All you need is a potentiometer to control the speed of a DC motor, but if you wanted the display that's not very expensive. I'd just run mine off a deep cycle battery rather than get a power supply. Is there any reason you chose to go with aluminum for the feed ramp?
    I just went with what scrap material (and it shows) pieces I had on hand if you were directing that comment to my post.

Slim

I don't know the specs of the materials, since I didn't buy them myself, but according to my friend it has a low-rev motor, a speed controller, and the small display, nothing more
    when I disarm it for something, I take some photos and upload them

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by nueces5 View Post
    I don't know the specs of the materials, since I didn't buy them myself, but according to my friend it has a low-rev motor, a speed controller, and the small display, nothing more
    when I disarm it for something, I take some photos and upload them
    You can certainly get motors that will turn slow enough for this, but your basic DC motor is not likely to turn slow enough. A thought came to my mind in the past day though. There's got to be a bunch of old junk cordless drills out there that people throw away when the batteries are shot. A lot of those NICAD battery drills were meant to run around 12 volts. That would make one heck of a low speed motor and gearbox for a project like this. If it has a variable trigger, you could get away using that. Otherwise you would need to wire the motor with a potentiometer, and run off of a 12 volt battery like a deep cycle. I'd think the cheaper the drill, the better. The newer good ones can not be hot wired like this.

Boolit Buddy
    I've bough annealeez and couldn't be happier (also got extra wheels for short cases and fat cases).