Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Look At What I Found In The Road Today!

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Was in the local Academy today (yes they have primers) when the call of mother nature rang so off I go
    about halfway taking care of business some young guy walks by the door and asked Sir is my phone in there?
    I look around and sure enough a black phone is on top of the black toilet paper dispenser?
    I thought the dude had left so about a minute later I finish up unlock the door and a young cat is standing there.
    I ask him Were you the one looking for a phone?
    He's like yes sir so I hand it to him and off he goes.
    Another guy is washing his hands and so I tell him You know I could have taken a couple of interesting pictures for the lad.
    We had a chuckle about that.
    About the primers since some may ask, Started at 7.99 per 100 Others were at 8.99 per 100
    Don't recall the price vs application, I passed on them all.

Boolit Master
    I once saw a very nice wheel from a high end bicycle on the highway.

Since it was coming at me out of the rear of a pickup with a bed mounted rack (why I could tell it was off a nice frame) at a closing velocity of 70 mph, and was bouncing windshield high, I decided I really didn’t want it and swerved. Almost lost control, and had enough adrenaline dumped to last me the next 20 odd miles.

Moderator Emeritus

I was following my boss who was delivering a new fridge. Going down the highway at 60mph a really bad wind gust hit and lifted the fridge up and out of the strap holding it in then it caught on the tail of the truck and dragged for 400 feet. I almost needed a change of underwear and pants that day. All I saw was a 200 pound fridge about to go thru my windshield as I slammed on the brakes. Boss ended up using that fridge in his garage, it was really beat up but still worked after sitting for a day to let oil drain back towards the compressor.

He had tied straps around it instead of using ratchet straps... next day he told everyone that the ONLY straps to be on that truck are ratchet style

I've seen camper shells off on the side of the road numerous times. You'd think no one would be stupid enough to think that the weight alone would hold one on at highway speeds but apparently there are many who do.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 07-29-2022 at 03:50 PM.

Boolit Master

I picked up a YJ Jeep topper like that once!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123