Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: crockpot duck

Boolit Master

crockpot duck

this is one of my favourites and oh so easy.

first off cook up your normal corned beef/corned silverside as you would normally do in crockpot...eg add water and some brown suger/maple syrip..cook slowly all day...
    then when you take out that lovely hunk of red muchiness...chuck a FROZEN duck into the juice left over.....and leave it alone overnight... the next day before you head off to work...turn the crockpot on and add enough water to just cover duck,by the time you get home at end of the day the duck will be cooked to extent the flesh will fall off the bones......
    if the good wife doesnt like the smell of duck cooking in the house (NO I will not suggest getting a new wife!!!!) simply put an extension cord out a window and sit crockpot outdoors.... on porch or some such place that hopefully wont attract undue attention.

this works with other casseroles/potroasts but I find the saltyness from corned beef just adds so much to a duck.

Duck and Goose are both IMO best cooked slow, long and wet. Done that way the meat will fall off the bones and it is tender and succulent.

Took years to convince mom to cook a goose like she would an old stewing hen. Make a rouix, add tomatoes and water to get your brown gravy. Submerge the fowl in that and let it simmer all day. Debone, thicken the gravy if needed with a bit of flour and milk mixed well together. Serve over mashed taters or rice and you have a meal fit for a king.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    OK so here is my other way to scoff duck or goose....canada goose is particularly good like this.
    we call it goosetit mc nuggets

cube up goose or duck breast...plucked and skin left on is best... keep pieces less than an inch ,batter them in simple batter..beer batter is particularly good for this... quickly deep fry till meat is still juicy but no running blood,so medium side of rare.....serve on plate with a paper towel under nuggets to soak up excess oil/fat and eat off tooth picks or just stab with a fork..scoffemupdelishimo!!!!! when my kids were still at home they couldnt get enough of these