Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is powder and primers ever coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I converted last year. Currently have 5 air guns.

But most people are not interested in learning to shoot well. Boom and smoke are impressive and important. Targets that clang and jump are "funner" than punching paper
    This guy gets it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    This guy gets it lol
    I determined that a long time ago.

Boolit Master
    Most modern airguns are "Prohibited weapons" in NJ! Why? Because they are internally suppressed. You even MENTION suppressor in NJ and they will be looking for you. It has become so bad here it is almost comical. The NJ Governor has made it quite clear, publicly, that he wants NJ to have THE most strict gun laws in the country. Well apparently the California governor has the same agenda so they are going back and forth creating more and more bizarre laws. And this crap is passing with nobody from the Supreme court saying Enough is Enough!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Got lucky today at Bass Pro!!! They had a few more but I figured 600 will last me a little bit. Going to use these for some hot 9mm loads. First primers I've probably bought since 2019. $8.99/100 should I go back and grab more?

I've loaded a few thousand 9mms with Fed 200 primers this year. Work absolutely fine. If you need primers and the price is ok to you, why not add more?
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Master

Got lucky today at Bass Pro!!! They had a few more but I figured 600 will last me a little bit. Going to use these for some hot 9mm loads. First primers I've probably bought since 2019. $8.99/100 should I go back and grab more?

I've loaded a few thousand Fed 200s into 9mm cases this year. Works great. If you have a need and are ok with the price, why not buy a few more?
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Master

Yea I've been seeing Powder Valley's emails, which is promising. My problem is I slept on primers and here I am...It's very frustrating. It's even further frustrating knowing where we could be had Trump been elected again and the Democrats were the same Democrats from the early 2000's. I truly believe Obama changed how the Democratic party believed and acted.
    The irony in all of that was nobody was buying powder/primers/ammo during the Trump years - presumably due to a lack of urgency - and now we have a lot of Aesop's "starving grasshoppers".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raiders SPP.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	302670
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    The irony in all of that was nobody was buying powder/primers/ammo during the Trump years - presumably due to a lack of urgency - and now we have a lot of Aesop's "starving grasshoppers".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raiders SPP.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	302670
    Ain't that the truth!! I'll admit to being one of them! Can't explain it past it feels the "good ol days" aren't coming back. Doom and gloom going forward

Boolit Master

The amount of blamo-ammo being shot has slowed to a trickle. Youngsters with their pants pulled up are not "shooting the moon". Some are starting to notice that their guns have "sight thingies" on them and for a refreshing change are actually taking the time to "aim" at their own targets.

The other "oldsters" and me, doing most of the shooting, have lived through previous hard times and stocked up. We continue to shoot with passion and intent.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Don’t forget NYS and our idiot accidental governor in the race to destroy the Second Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    Most modern airguns are "Prohibited weapons" in NJ! Why? Because they are internally suppressed. You even MENTION suppressor in NJ and they will be looking for you. It has become so bad here it is almost comical. The NJ Governor has made it quite clear, publicly, that he wants NJ to have THE most strict gun laws in the country. Well apparently the California governor has the same agenda so they are going back and forth creating more and more bizarre laws. And this crap is passing with nobody from the Supreme court saying Enough is Enough!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    I haven't, He and NJ and Rhode island, Connecticut and Massachusetts have all banded together as a group to fight for THEIR cause. But Governor Murphy and Governor Newsom are in a personal battle I believe. And now Murphy is the leader of the Governors conference or whatever it is called! It is just going from bad to worse. By the way, Murphy's primary residences (yes, plural) are mansions in Germany and Italy. So once his final term is up do you think he plans to stay in his "beloved state of NJ"? He is a multi-millionaire, He is going to flee this country the next day!!!!

Boolit Bub
    I just checked the Graf & Sons website, and they are showing Bullseye, 2400, 20/28, BE-86 and others in stock. FYI Regards, JH

Change direction, if you do not like what is going on. You have the vote. You have the right and you have the obligation to change things.

They are all the same is a bare faced lie, else everything would be the same. And they sure are not the same, are they?
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

It’s been what, 2 years now? I haven’t seen stocked powder and primers in 2 years. Does anyone know anything? Are brighter days coming?
    I don't know anything but my guess is yes they will come back. This is not the first shortage ever and they have always come back in the past. Kind of like the Stock Market!

You guys talked me into it, went back and cleaned them out

Boolit Buddy
    They will be back. I would expect primers at around $40 per 1000, and most powders at $30 per lb, until inflation kicks back in again when the Fed reverses. In fact, there is a fair selection of powders at Midsouth Shooters for around $30 or slightly more.
    Buy powder now if you can find what you need and wait on the primers until next year.

Boolit Master
    The "assault weapons ban" passed the house. Get ready for another run on primers, magazines and "full semi-automatic" weapons.

Boolit Master
    I wish I had stocked-up better to "back then". I had only 8 cases of LP and 4 cases of SP (cases, not bricks of packs) and am down to 2 LP and one SP plus a few packs of rifle primers. I thought 12 cases was excessive, but .....

prs

The fifty part of 4350 is the price per pound at one LGS.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    It got real bad during the Great Obama Ammo Famine too and then finally ammo/components caught up with demand again. I recall rimfire ammo supply suffering most from the shortages back then but it affected all ammo and components too. Not as much as this time but it was still bad. Several people asked me to sell them some primers back during the obama years because they couldn't find any anywhere even then.
    Ammo/Component supply will recover this time too but from what they are saying in Shooting Industry magazine it's likely at least a year or two out on the horizon before it happens. Let this be a lesson to all who are running low to BUY, BUY, BUY when things stabilize. .

Components will be back, and probably sooner rather than later at this point, but make no mistake, the prices we enjoyed pre-pandemic are never coming back. $80/brick of primers just might be a dang good price once the dust settles. If you went thru 08/09, 2012, 2014, and 2016, and still weren't prepared for this, then suck it up butter cup. You had plenty of "good" times to prepare.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast