Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, July 23

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, July 23

Good morning all. I love this message on prayer. Keep praying! Have a safe and blessed day.

Jesus Prays: Before Raising Lazarus

July 23, 2022 - Dr. David Jeremiah

And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.”
    John 11:41-42

We’ve been taught to bow our heads in prayer, but from time to time—especially when praying outside—try praying as Jesus did. Look up to heaven. In His great prayer in John 17, “Jesus…lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: ‘Father, the hour has come’” (verse 1). In Mark’s Gospel Jesus took the five loaves and the two fish and “looked up to heaven, blessed and broke the loaves, and gave them to His disciples” (Mark 6:41).

When we look up, we see the vast canopy of the sky and the wonders of the universe. Beyond them is the throne of God. Looking upward reminds us the Lord is above us, high and exalted, ruling and reigning. It also displays a hopeful anticipation about the future.

Try it. It’s how Jesus prayed!

I look down to the book, and God speaks to me, and then I look up in prayer, and speak to the Lord, and in this way we keep up a holy talk with each other.
    Quoted by Charles Spurgeon in a sermon illustration
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, a great message today!