Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walmart no longer sells 357mm ammo :)

Boolit Buddy

Walmart no longer sells 357mm ammo :)

My wife saw this and we both got a kick out of it.

But now I’m left feeling like building a real 357mm handgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they'll keep 22mm on the shelf.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I noticed the 40mm. Never knew I coulda fed my Bofors Gun on WalMart ammo...
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

My local Walmart does not sell pistol ammo but still sells .22's.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Does that go for all stores? There going to loose a lot of business in states like Alaska. Plus the revenue from sales of other things that would have been purchased, just because they were there buying ammo.

Boolit Master
    My basic theory is that overtime some “common” high sales ammo and popular hunting calibers will start to quietly re-appear on the shelves. Empty shelf space is lost income in that world, but I have yet to see any local store remove or reduce the number of ammo cases on the floor.

I get it. They need to learn the necessity of decimal points.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    I don't buy anything gun related from Walmart, my LGS's need my money a lot more than Walmart does.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Were these signs printed up and distributed to Wally World by Biden Left? Sorta looks to me like Wally World ought to have less training on CRT and more training so their employees actually know something about the products they sell . . . . pardon me . . . . used to sell.

As far as I know they quit selling All hand gun ammo a couple years ago.
    When our local one decided to do so they sold all their stock at half price, and that included that evil 223 stuff too.
    I spent $400+ dollars on helping them out.
    Now they only sell hunting rifle ammo, shotgun shells and rimfire ammo.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Pereira - What you describe just points out what a bunch of hypocrites they are . . . they choose to appease the WOKE by no longer selling the "evil ammo" . . . but have no problem in selling all of it that remains on their shelves? That's what I call being truly dedicated to their convictions . . . not! Seems to me if they were truly dedicated to their "cause" . . . they would have immediately removed it from their shelves and sent it back to distribution . . or just took measures to destroy it. Maybe their upper management should go on-line and buy some spines?

Irregardless, I'm glad there were those that could take advantage of their stupidity and help them clear their shelves of the "evil ammo" . . . . maybe we should do the same with Congress and run a "half off sale" to "clear the shelves"?

Boolit Bub
    I avoid Walmart any chance I get. It seems that place brings out the worst of the worst people out there

I wander by the gun section every now and then when I happen to have to go in one of the Walmarts in the area. Now I live near home office and you'd think that every one of them would be stocked well before ant outlying store. Nope, usually shotgun shells, and maybe a few 22 rimfire. Ain't worth looking

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I would like to see a pic of the shoulder holster for one of those 357mm handguns.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    * to anyone who took this almost seriously it’s a gag meme from fb.

I’m in the blue state of ct and they still stock ammo here. It’s just behind a locked glass cabinet and you have to find someone to unlock it for you and you pay for it right there in the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    I would like to see a pic of the shoulder holster for one of those 357mm handguns.
    Chuck Norris carries a 357mm handgun as a backup.

Boolit Master

Walmart's business model is well documented concerning their supplier relationships. Their teams of purchasers essentially set prices on things and tell the supplier to deliver it at that number. Some go along with this because of the sheer volume of product Walmart can move for them.
    I know from recent purchases by myself at Walmart for the few things ammo related that Walmart had on the shelves the prices were so low compared to typical "normal" channels, frankly, didn't make sense. Example: I bought at Walmart ( 3 weeks ago ) 4 ea 20rd boxes Winchester AA 2 1/2 .410 No 8 shot for $9.48 pr/box. While on that same day LGS was charging $ 46.00 per/20ea box of brand X 7 1/2 shot 3" which is typical of most that's out there right now. ( I know it sucks )
    With all the change of ownership, consolidation etc in the current ammo producing world. The new players probably told Walmart the business model of them telling/setting the price does't work for us any longer. Time for a "Time out"
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master

Not selling the 357mm ammo wont bother me. The 120mm was about all my old hands could stand.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    My local Walmart does not sell pistol ammo but still sells .22's.

Slim
    I have picked some .22 magnum from them. Almost two hundred rounds. I had traded half of what I had last year to someone else for 30 lbs of 40 cal brass. I now have more 40 cal brass than I know what to do with.

Boolit Master
    On the other hand, our local Walmart does not sell handgun ammo-- but all through the COVID stuff they kept stocking 22 LR and never raised their price ($21.37 for 325 rounds of Federal automatch 22LR). So they weren't all bad.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast