RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mississippi river

Boolit Master

mississippi river

strange question, but, maybe not. read something about diverting water from the mississippi river to the dry west. the drought has been going on for 20+- years. what makes the government think that it will stop. the river is going to flow into the ocean anyway. so, why not use it in the west. i live in the east; so it won't affect me. the cost would be most likely in the billions or more. but, could it be done? one last thing. i belive that california residents are limited to watering their lawns to 3 times a week. how about NOT AT ALL!! anyone that has a green lawn would pay a large fine.

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not water my lawn. It goes dormant during the dry hot months.

Not sure the elites would want that.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    California has resources but chooses to continue to overpopulate and mismanage their own resources. It has gotten so bad at one point they wanted the Federal Government to force surrounding states to give them their water resources. About all of the states declined.

IMHO they should be given nothing ever, and i still have family out there. Their Governor and boot licking administration and happy faces in LA and San Fran just seem to be hell bent on destroying their state to achieve some sort of happy place nirvana.

Boolit Master
    I have asked the same question for many years. In China an engineer drew just such a plan. They dug canals to send flood water to areas that needed it. We could use billions of dollars we spend on foreign aid that goes to countries that hate us. I have gravel instead of grass.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy
    The Federal gov't created the current situation in Cali. Cali has plans on the books to steal water from everywhere in the western US and Canada with the aid of the Federal gov't. Water in West has a long and less than nice history. Lots of resource material to be researched if you are willing to read and learn!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor44 View Post
    The Federal gov't created the current situation in Cali. Cali has plans on the books to steal water from everywhere in the western US and Canada with the aid of the Federal gov't. Water in West has a long and less than nice history. Lots of resource material to be researched if you are willing to read and learn!
    We know about the history of water in California. It has been going on for a very long time. I have seen pictures of National Guard soldiers from Arizona and California armed with machine guns facing each other across the Colorada river. We also know what Mulholland did too the Owens Valley by stealing the water in the Owens Lake. the area became a dust bowl. The water he stole made Los Angelos possible.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy
    California will not build a desalination plant because it would not look nice and they want our water.

Many years ago there was a plan to divert Idaho water south to California. Thankfully that failed when they came up against our attorney general and very strong water rights law. Side effect, lots of them moved up here and now some of the best farm land in America is covered by LoCal style subdivisions. Gp

Couldn't easily get past the mountains. Ain't their water. They should all have rock yards and zero grass. It's dry here in AR and we aren't trying to steal water that doesn't belong to up...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

They're eyeballin the great lakes also...
    Whiskey is fer drinking, water is for fightin over.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    strange question, but, maybe not. read something about diverting water from the mississippi river to the dry west. the drought has been going on for 20+- years. what makes the government think that it will stop. the river is going to flow into the ocean anyway. so, why not use it in the west. i live in the east; so it won't affect me. the cost would be most likely in the billions or more. but, could it be done? one last thing. i belive that california residents are limited to watering their lawns to 3 times a week. how about NOT AT ALL!! anyone that has a green lawn would pay a large fine.
    Is California going to pay for it? Or do you expect the other 49 states to pay almost all of the tab for a project that would be 100s of times larger than when the Panama Canal was built and solely for California's benefit? What about the 1000s of land owners that would have their property taken solely to benefit California? That post was the most retarded thing I've read all day and that's saying something.

Boolit Grand Master

Back when most of California was settled trees and vegetation were planted to slow evaporation and help increase rainfall. They tore these out to make room for the super cities and putting it back in the shape it was in. Its now to the point with lack of vegetation that some areas get 1/4" of rain mudslides result. They have made the mess let them fix it.

Boolit Master
    who knows what might happen when everyone can no longer get farm raised products as a result of drought and prices for the limited foods that are grown have an effect on your bank account.
    california grows a huge percentage of the crops that all of us consume

Boolit Master
    I remember my great uncle who traveled all around to see other farms back in the 50's and 60's and I'll never forget how he described the California farmland having loam that was yards deep unlike most of the rest of the country that has loam topsoil that is inches deep. the midwest is the bread basket but California is the vegetable basket of the country

Boolit Buddy
    How much agricultural acreage would be lost building this canal for California? Sure doesn't seem fair to the states that are losing acreage as well as mega tax dollars.
    Maybe California could be a little more responsible with their water usage... 30 years ago, flying over LA, the number of backyard swimming pools was mind boggling. Isn't a large portion of their vegetable irrigation done by flood irrigation? I would think that has to be wasteful especially in a low humidity environment.

Imagine if the state would have built reservoirs to capture run-off from rain and snowmelt. Hell, Sacramento has levees to keep it from being flooded like NOLA. Naw, lets just let all this water flow out into the ocean, even though we need it.

Moderator Emeritus

The Mississippi River? Dang that's a long way to dig a canal or run a pipeline.
    Why doesn't CA just make the water? I mean, it just hydrogen and oxygen, how hard could it be to make?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    a lot of coments but nothing about how fesable the project would be.

Boolit Master
    At the shooting range this morning I brought up getting rid of sacramento but quickly agreed that LA and san francisco had to go too. Lots of different people here, different situations. We pump our own water and after treatment it goes back in the ground.

DO NOT SEND WATER! Did you NEVER SEE GREMLINS?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    all I know for sure is the broccoli I got at Walmart today came from California , and I can't grow broccoli that is as good, so keep it coming if you can. I wouldn't want to try and tell California how to manage water the same way it would not be right for Californians to tell us what to do with the Cherokee forest or the smokies here in tenneseee or the water in the Tennessee river or its tributaries

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I do not water my lawn. It goes dormant during the dry hot months.

Not sure the elites would want that.
    Not many people know that they see their lawn turn brown and water even more. Not knowing it's a waste. When the weather cools the green grass comes back.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast