RepackboxWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rivian?

Boolit Master
    How much camping can you do if you don't have a place to plug it in? If you charge off the generator why not just drive a gas burner?

Current battery life is between 10 to 20 years
    advertisement only!!
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Current battery life is between 10 to 20 years
    advertisement only!!
    And the performance degrades over the battery's lifetime.

Moderator Emeritus

Estimates in 2015 were that the Bakken field would make the USA the largest oil producing nation in the world. There is a bunch of fools that could not have that due to their global warming agenda and some very wise people that believe it would throw the middle eastern nations into a real desire to have a world economy the way it was in 600 AD. I am beyond the fools that cannot see how improving efficiency of petroleum and coal is better than relying on solar.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    there is so much hoopla and speculation and all kinds of stories out there. we can find stories from "experts" saying both thing we can agree with or disagree with.
    and the manufacturers make all kinds of claims to boost their brand and make us believe all kinds of things. but reality on the ground is manufacturers can't even produce vehicles and deliver them right now. I was at a chevy dealer yesterday and they have 0=zero new vehicles of any type and have many on order and the factory cannot even provide them with a build date on any never mind a delivery date for anything.
    what amazed me is how everyone is complaining about high gas prices but the traffic I dealt with yesterday was like nothing I ever experienced here. bumper to bumper traffic for the full length of the city's main drag about 12 miles long. I dont understand, can't explain it but that is what I witnessed. there was a line of cars at least 1/4 mile long waiting to order from the chic filet drive through, I like chic filet but wont participate in such a waiting line.

Boolit Master
    I'm not a truck fan have no use for one IC or electric,but the one thing all the champions of electric cars ignore can the electric grid that is powered by fossil fuels going to be able to handle the increased demand. Places like Calif are near capacity now add an extended heat wave to the demand of charging your EV I see big trouble ahead.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Saw a youtube video about a nuclear waste/diamond battery. Does not ever need charging and should last for 28 years. Now that would make an electric vehicle work.
    Sounds like that battery would need a new vehicle in ten or fifteen years.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12