Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: 2400 in stock at Natchez, plus rambling

Boolit Mold

2400 in stock at Natchez, plus rambling

I've seen people on various forums bemoaning the scarcity of 2400. I've seen it pop up a couple times lately, Natchez has it now.

Rambling:
    I got 4lb of it in 2019? near the beginning of my reloading adventure, specifically for reduced rifle loads. I like it in 30-30 with 165gr plain base lead. Because of it's suitability for that purpose, I'm saving it for that. I tried it in 357 when I finally got one (S&W 586 4"), and I liked it but in limited testing didn't find it to be vastly better than True Blue with coated 158 or H110 with j-words. So I'm saving it for the 30-30.

More rambling about 357 powders:
    I still need to try AA#9 and N110. Mayyybe IMR4227 if it turns up. Or Shooters World Heavy Pistol (alternative to AA#9)
    Cheers,
    Backcut

Boolit Master
    $340 for 8, 1 lb bottles. There were sales before it hit the fan with 8lb kegs at $128.

Thanks anyway!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

I am seeing more powder and primers( more is a relative term) recently but the price is high. That said another 1000 lrp and I’d be set for life. Maybe some 209’s also.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    I am seeing more powder and primers( more is a relative term) recently but the price is high. That said another 1000 lrp and I’d be set for life. Maybe some 209’s also.
    2 min. ago 209's Chedite brand. ( They are OK) https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Primers/products/901/
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios