MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: 318 Westley-Richards and 8x56R mold needed, looking for recommendations.

318 Westley-Richards and 8x56R mold needed, looking for recommendations.

Think the title says it all. I already have the Lee mold, looking for something that doesn't have as fat a nose.

Loading for 3 of the Westley-Richards and one 8x56R. One of the Westley-Richards has a non-existent throat.

#3 W-R has to have the boolits seated way deep. Looking for more of a bore riding profile. Plus a pointier nose.

Accurate can make close to what I want, but meplat minimum is in the .140" range I believe. Looking for a guaranteed smooth feeder. Didn't see anything in NOE's catalog.

Plus it's been MONTHS since I bought a new mold.

Boolit Grand Master
    Maybe do some file modifications to the nose of the Lee boolit you have to see if a .140 meplat will feed??

Other than that, I don't have any real suggestions for you.

Robert

No more words of wisdom?

None?

Wow.

Boolit Master
    Try looking at bullet molds for either the 32-40 or the 32 Winchester Special. These will most likely have a flat meplat for use in tubular magazines, but some "target" 32-40 designs might have a more pointed nose. The only one that a quick internet search turned up was the Ideal # 319323. I don't know if it will work with your requirements but RCBS makes a 32-170-FN design. Other possibilities might be the .321" molds from NOE. (check their website under 8mm molds) Not much help I know, but 318 WR is kinda rare. I've personally never seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    Try looking at bullet molds for either the 32-40 or the 32 Winchester Special. These will most likely have a flat meplat for use in tubular magazines, but some "target" 32-40 designs might have a more pointed nose. The only one that a quick internet search turned up was the Ideal # 319323. I don't know if it will work with your requirements but RCBS makes a 32-170-FN design. Other possibilities might be the .321" molds from NOE. (check their website under 8mm molds) Not much help I know, but 318 WR is kinda rare. I've personally never seen one.
    Thanks for the post, all those are too small. Both the 8x56R and the 318 W-R share an oddball .330 diameter bullet, cast should be more in the .331-332 dia. Not sure if there are cartridges that share the same "unusual" diameter.

Apparently it was developed to comply with colonial India law about having rifles in military calibers.