Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication

Thread: No Lead products?

Boolit Bub

No Lead products?

Has anyone used the product No Lead? It is a clear liquid that is said to remove lead easily. The add at Midway
    shows a pink fluid but mine cane clear. I used it and it turned my barrel bright orange. I am not sure if this is lead or rust.
    The bottle clamed it is safe for bluing but stripped it off of the muzzle. Thewy also say to use their other products to neutralize it.
    Nick

Boolit Master
    Yikes! Sorry to hear of the bluing and all. I just use the old fashion copper chore boy strands wrapped on an old bore brush to take any lead out of the barrel.

Boolit Grand Master

Always be wary of any product that will remove lead ... usually it will remove blueing .

It might be a good idea to use the neutralizer too .

Naval Jelly is an old school product that will also removes lead ... and rust ... and blueing ... and stock finish and eat holes in your shirt , pants and shoes ... watch any lead removing product because they have to be strong to dissolve lead .

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

^^^^+1^^^^ There are also several 'lead and fouling remover' wiping cloths on the market...Birchwood-Casey, Tetra, etc....that will damage bluing and stock finish. Will do a nice job on stainless handguns but keep 'em away from your blued guns.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Are you sure leading was your problem, with the bore turning orange?

Boolit Bub
    +1 for Chore Boy on a brush, takes just a couple strokes.

Boolit Bub
    I think it rusted my barrel. The manufacturer said it would not cause rust , but when I put it on bare steel I got rust in 10 minutes.

Boolit Master
    https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...-really-works/

Probably should read the instructions again. It says to neutralize and then oil the barrel.

+1 for chore boy. I have leaded barrels badly and it always works.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Sometimes the old way is the best way.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

orange = RUST sorry to hear get real gun oil and re clean barrel and OIL it.

I never get leading. I’m so fortunate. Maybe a bronze brush will take out the rust if you hurry. You may need a little bigger bullet next time. Doesn’t sound too bad.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...-really-works/

Probably should read the instructions again. It says to neutralize and then oil the barrel.
    Yup, I have not used it much but when I did it worked as claimed.

NO-LEAD Cleaning Procedure — Read Carefully
    NO-LEAD Lead Remover is a clear, red gel that is easy to apply. Just swab it in your bore (or on muzzle brakes) with wet patches or bore mop and let it sit for a few minutes. (The manufacturer says you can leave the NO-LEAD for up to 20 minutes, but that long of a dwell time does not seem necessary with our rimfire barrels.) When it contacts lead it will start to foam and you’ll see that the NO-LEAD solvent turns a pastel pink when it dissolves lead. The pink comes from the formation of lead oxide. After the recommended dwell time, simply patch out the dissolved lead deposits (you can also use a nylon brush for stubborn lead build-up).

NOTE: After cleaning, it is very important that you get all the NO-LEAD out of your barrel, and neutralize it. We recommend following the application of NO-Lead with Wipe-out or Patch-Out to neutralize the NO-LEAD, clear the bore, and remove residual carbon and copper fouling. If you don’t have Wipe-Out or Patch-out, flush the barrel thoroughly with Rubbing Alcohol or even a solution of Dawn dish detergent — then re-oil the bore.

Be Sure to Neutralize NO-LEAD After Use
    Remember that N0-LEAD is a strong, slightly acidic chemical that needs to be neutralized after use. If you leave it on a nice, blued barrel for too long, it can harm the bluing. NO-LEAD will remove all the surface oils from the barrel bore. For this reason it is recommended that you neutralize NO-LEAD with Wipe-Out, or Patch-Out, which both contain effective corrosion inhibitors. If you don’t have those products, once you’ve flushed the NO-LEAD with something like rubbing alcohol, then follow with a gun oil. Caution: A petroleum-based gun oil will NOT, by itself, neutralize NO-LEAD. You need to neutralize first, then apply the corrosion inhibitor (or do it all in one step with Wipe-Out or Patch-Out).
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    No i use bore teck does not hurt barrel or blueing

Boolit Bub
    When I used it the bore turned bright orange, when I put it on bare steel it rusted. What an I doing wrong?

stop using it oil barrel get out the rust stop using it, stop using it you are not following directions