Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: CZ 457 .22 magnum ??

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters

CZ 457 .22 magnum ??

I see this year they are offering the .22 magnum with a left hand action .

Have any of you bought or used the 457 chambered in .22 Magnum ? I've used a couple of different CZ actions and they work really well . I would suppose this one would as well , I'd like to hear your input .

Thanks , Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

I have a CZ 452 in .22 mag. Most accurate .22 mag I've ever owned. Not the 457 but I bet there isn't a dimes worth of difference between the different models.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    455 and 457 can change barrels very easily, allowing for multiple rimfire calibers with one receiver. 22mag ammo is pretty expensive and generally less accurate that the 22LR. Depending on what your plans for the rifle are, it may make a difference in your caliber choice.

I really like my 455 CZ Mannlicher 22 Mag. I bought a steel fore end piece ,changed out the lock spring,action crews, nice walking around rifle that shoots where I aim it.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    If I could have found a left hand 452 I likely would buy that , I am familiar with that model . But then if I had found a Kimber model 82 in 22 WMR I could be convinced to buy a left hand . It's all a matter if the finding which is not happening .

The magnums I've shot are more than up to the task I have for them . I just got the wants for a lefty is all .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    I have a CZ 452 in .22 mag. Most accurate .22 mag I've ever owned. Not the 457 but I bet there isn't a dimes worth of difference between the different models.
    I'm with Jeff on this one as well....my 452 magnum is so accurate it is scary.....dropped a coyote at 145 yards!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    I have a cz 457 in 22 mag. Mine has a 20 inch barrel an synthetic stock. It shoots great an I have had no complaints with. I have had it about a year an so far so good