WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Miracle" cure for arthritis?

Well we treated my wifes leg that has the Neurapathy this afternoon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used a small dose spread up and down her left thigh.

She complained that it hurt so I used some aspercreme pain relief roll-on over the top.

Half an hour later the leg was much better.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Bub
    Betwixt the Altamont and Las Trampas in Northern CA
    Pure DMSO doesn’t smell like garlic nor put that taste in your mouth. Thin all DMSO at least 1/1 with distilled water or you can get some skin burns. Make sure skin is scrubbed CLEAN before use of anything, whether lotion, oils, whatever or it WILL carry it into your cells and bloodstream. As far as being safe? If pure it’s safe. It’s used to preserve organs for transplants, and for some conditions they’ve used it in IVs. I have CRPS and also have had multiple back surgeries, and 10 RF nerve ablations. I learned that DMSO is safe when pure and used properly from one of my doctors that was head of department at Stanford, and who helped me with issues other docs failed at. I trust him. As far as the “burning nerves” aka RF nerve ablation? If it works it’s usually temporary.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe le PewPew View Post
    Pure DMSO doesn’t smell like garlic nor put that taste in your mouth. Thin all DMSO at least 1/1 with distilled water or you can get some skin burns. Make sure skin is scrubbed CLEAN before use of anything, whether lotion, oils, whatever or it WILL carry it into your cells and bloodstream. As far as being safe? If pure it’s safe. It’s used to preserve organs for transplants, and for some conditions they’ve used it in IVs. I have CRPS and also have had multiple back surgeries, and 10 RF nerve ablations. I learned that DMSO is safe when pure and used properly from one of my doctors that was head of department at Stanford, and who helped me with issues other docs failed at. I trust him.
    I have the pure stuff and have never experienced any ill side effects.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    You want to fix arthritis, which is really an inflammatory disease, go keto. One of the many side benefits is decreased systemic inflammation and decreased autoimmune dysfunction.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Grand Master
    What is keto????

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    What is keto????
    High protein, high fat, low carb diet

Boolit Master
    Using DMSO frequently has a tendency to elevate your liver enzymes, so be careful with it.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Well we treated my wifes leg that has the Neurapathy this afternoon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used a small dose spread up and down her left thigh.

She complained that it hurt so I used some aspercreme pain relief roll-on over the top.

Half an hour later the leg was much better.
    You have me interested, as I have some peripheral neuropathy in my Feet, just as my Dad had.
    The product (NerVEX) in your link has MSM instead of DMSO, they are related but not identical. I wonder if MSM is less likely to have the odor problem?
    Also, the NerVEX has "high dose" of Capsaicin, that could cause some burning pain when applied.

So anyway, I got gutsy and ordered a 70/30 DMSO/Aloe product for my feet. The skin area of the neuropathy is quite sensitive, so I think the Aloe would be the better way for me. I may also try it on my shoulder for joint pain.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

DMSO by itself does nothing to heal. Used in nicotine patches, etc to get any real med through the skin. Arthritis is calcification of bones in the joints. Cartilage problems (collagen/jello and glucosamine/chondroitin ) is due to reduced fluid inside the cartilage. Usual problem is torn cartilage and rooster injections don't last long. Supposedly a new 'filler' is being tested that lasts longer.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    DMSO by itself does nothing to heal.
    https://borntobeboomers.com/what-is-...ays-to-use-it/

It is widely used to replace sulfur in the human body. It is also used as a pain remedy. DMSO loves to eat up the free radicals in your body that cause inflammation. Rather than masking the pain, DMSO actually reduces inflammation and prevents free radical damage.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3916302/

Dermal application of DMSO seems to provide rapid, temporary, relief of pain in patients with arthritis and connective tissue injuries.

https://www.dmso.org/articles/information/muir.htm

DMSO perhaps has been used most widely as a topical analgesic, in a 70 percent DMSO, 30 percent water solution. Laboratory studies suggest that DMSO cuts pain by blocking peripheral nerve C fibers.3 Several clinical trials have demonstrated its effectiveness,4,5 although in one trial, no benefit was found.6 Burns, cuts, and sprains have been treated with DMSO. Relief is reported to be almost immediate, lasting up to 6 hours. A number of sports teams and Olympic athletes have used DMSO, although some have since moved on to other treatment modalities. When administration ceases, so do the effects of the drug.

Dr. Jacob said at a hearing of the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Health in 1980, "DMSO is one of the few agents in which effectiveness can be demonstrated before the eyes of the observers....If we have patients appear before the Committee with edematous sprained ankles, the application of DMSO would be followed by objective diminution of swelling within an hour. No other therapeutic modality will do this."
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Woke up this morning and my right shoulder was bugging me. If I sleep on my right side, the shoulder will get stiff and painful. I have an old Army injury to that shoulder and it acts up before a storm and if I abuse the shoulder at all.

It's been acting up the last couple of weeks and just ignored it. Then I thought, I should try the DMSO. So, rolled on some and waited. Pain was gone within a few minutes, but I got a mild rash in the area. Now, three hours later, the pain is still mostly gone, but slowly returning.

So, it worked, but it caused a reaction and wasn't as long-lasting as the knee, which is still pain-free.

I have an appointment with my surgeon Wednesday, so I'll discuss it with him then.

Moderator Emeritus

I received the 70/30 DMSO/Aloe product last week. I've been using it on my right foot and right shoulder. I am impressed. The numb feeling in my foot usually gets worse as the day goes by (and swelling grows)...That feeling is greatly lessened. It helps with the shoulder joint pain as well, not 100%, but it allows me to skip/reduce pain med usage.
    I wasn't impressed with the roll-on applicator, as it's difficult, but realized that's a good thing, so I don't apply too much. If I put too much on, I do get a bit of a burning sensation for 10 to 20 minutes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

I went to my appointment with the surgeon, and I think it may be time to go somewhere else.

I told him that my left knee is still in nearly constant pain, but the right knee, after applying the DMSO a couple of times, has been pain free for weeks.

He asked me what DMSO was. I explained it to him and he took out his phone and did a search for it. He raised his eyebrows, and said that he will have to do some more research, since my right knee seems to have greatly reduced arthritis in it.

Then, he said he recommended a steroid shot in the left knee and asked if I was afraid of needles. Nope. Gave blood last week at work.

So he rolls up my pants leg, swabs some numbing agent on my knee, then 5 seconds later, starts inserting a needle.

Horrible, horrible pain! He says he needs to get a fluid sample first.

Then, I experience pain so intense, that I started to black out. I hear him say "Sorry! Sorry! I hit the bone!", as my vision started to tunnel and get blurry.

Thankfully, I did not pass out, and he got the fluid sample and said it looked great. Then he went back in with the steroids and by then, the numbing agent started to kick in and the procedure was done with no further drama.

The guy is a very young doctor with a degree from Bringham Young University.

My knee felt great for a couple of hours, then the numbing agent wore off and it was sore where the bone was jabbed. And it started hurting again as normal.

But, he took me off light duty, so I have been working on my feet at work on hard concrete since Monday and now my knee feels as bad as it did before all this started last November.

Even my right knee, which the DMSO seemed to have cured, started aching yesterday after work.

But, I gave it a quick swab of the DMSO and it felt great within minutes and was pain free throughout my 9-hour shift.

Boolit Buddy
    I have to say I was surprised by DMSO as well. I used it first because my right knee has been giving me fits. The DMSO had no effect on my knee. What is interesting is tiger balm burns for about 30 then is mostly pain free. My feet hurt so bad at the end of the day that some nights its hard to sleep because of the pain. The other night I laid in bed feeling my feet with a throbbing pain, I thought to my self I got that DMSO why not try it the pain in my feet went away all I can say is wow. thanks for the tip on DMSO.

Boolit Grand Master
    I ordered a jar of 70% DSMO and 30% Aloe. Less than $20 and worth a shot.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I gave my Dad a bottle of DMSO before 1986. I think some people questioned its safety. This is 36 years ago.

https://www.healthline.com/health/what-is-dmso
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money.

Boolit Master

Since the OP, I ordered 99% pure DMSO from amazon and started using it yesterday for nerve damage that causes pain in my ankle and foot. After 3 applications, my pain has been cut in half. I slept the whole night last night. I will keep you posted.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Since the OP, I ordered 99% pure DMSO from amazon and started using it yesterday for nerve damage that causes pain in my ankle and foot. After 3 applications, my pain has been cut in half. I slept the whole night last night. I will keep you posted.
    That is awesome!

After nearly 2 weeks being off of light duty and back on my feet working, the left knee with the surgery is still the same, but the right knee with just arthritis and being treated with DMSO is again pain free.

Well my wife is normally extremely sensitive to anything spicy hot like Capsaicin but the nervex caused no problems.

Overall I think it is helping. Untreated the muscles of her left thigh cramp and tighten up. We also just bought a new massage tool that does deep muscle punch massage. Between the 2 she is walking better.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    DMSO can be harmful. I have used it on a severely swollen leg after a horse fall, doc said 6-8 week, but DMSO got the swelling down in a couple days. That was 40 years ago. Also used on horses first. It can carry toxic materials through the skin and into the blood stream. I've heard stories about assassins using DMSO mixed with poison to simply wipe on skin to kill. I would not use DMSO on horses or people today. BE CAREFUL with it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12