Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: suggestions for .22 lr bolt action

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    What is your impression on the new plastic mags? I wasn't too impressed with the ones I have looked at, they just look like a step down from the old metal mags.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Yeah they would be better if they were steel. But they work.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    What is your impression on the new plastic mags? I wasn't too impressed with the ones I have looked at, they just look like a step down from the old metal mags.
    I stocked up on the metal 5-rounders, but now do most of my playing with a 10-round plastic mag in both of my 452's simply due to twice as much bottle busting before a reload. They work well.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

I stocked up on the metal 5-rounders, but now do most of my playing with a 10-round plastic mag in both of my 452's simply due to twice as much bottle busting before a reload. They work well.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

I thought the same thing until I used them. They function much smoother for me than the metal ones do. No rough edges on the plastic to make feeding rough.

Quote Originally Posted by LtFrankDrebbin View Post
    What does the Lithgow LA101 sell for your way? Apparently they shoot pretty straight.
    https://www.lithgowarms.com/la-101-crossover/
    Not sure these are available in the states yet. It's a nice looking rifle, when you go to their website and go to "where to buy", they have no distributors listed.

Boolit Bub
    Cz.

Browning T-bolt circa 1967..... Squirrel killin' machine....
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    If you are into pure target, check out the "old" BSA Martini International MKII rifles. Here and there on the
    gunbroker, guns international and guns america
    Also, the Savage MKII, heavy barrel rifles/accutrigger are out of the box very accurate
    beltfed/arnie

ok. Now does anyone have any sources for a lilja or bartlein barrel? lol they seem to be unfindable...
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Any of the old school Remington or Winchester entry level target rifles would be neat to own and shoot. Might be cheaper and are blued steel and walnut. Made in America too. Love shooting my Pre A M52.

I have 2 cz 452, nothing best for the money

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by almar View Post
    ok. Now does anyone have any sources for a lilja or bartlein barrel? lol they seem to be unfindable...
    https://www.bartleinbarrels.com/shop-barrels
    https://riflebarrels.com/rimfire-precision-barrels/

Boolit Buddy
    New gun CZ or Tikka and

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Ruger American 8351 stainless synthetic. This model has a heavier barrel than the standard model but not as heavy as the target. Mine shoots about .5" at 50 with Eley club or better. CCI SV .6-.7" at 50 for a cheaper round. Took a fair amount of tweaking to the bedding and trigger to get there though. Love the 10/22 magazines, IMHO one of the best 22 mags and interchange with my 10/22's, another plus. Lots of the others are plastic/polymer and are not flush fitting in 10 round capacity, needed if you shoot NRL22. The mag hanging down below the stock limits your positioning on the bags on various barricades and is otherwise a pain IMO. Christensen Arms make a rifle that uses 10/22 mags and there may be others. Never held or fired a Christensen but they seem to get pretty good reviews in the accuracy department.

Boolit Mold
    My son has a VooDoo custom built and a stock CZ 457. For 1/4 of the money that CZ gives that VooDoo a run for it money every time. If I did not have four 22's already I would buy one of CZ's.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    You will like the CZ , mine is almost as accurate as a Kimber .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    well Im going to come out and say it...NORINCO JW15 one of the older wooden stocked models,not a plastic polyteck special....
    mine has a simply awesome trigger,if you concentrate really hard there is 1mm or take up then breaks like glass,hardly notice it on game but on paper its awesome..... they shoot really well when pick the right ammunition... also have a bruno model 2 and they are pretty much identicle..the CZ/Bruno plastic mags work even better than origonal metal ones.

I am , a CZ fan also but during the Covid period I had a hard time finding one so I bought a Ruger American. It shot softball size groups at 50 yds with 5 or 6 different loads and brands of ammo, so it went back to the LGS and I bought a Savage MK II FV. It shoots lights out with almost anything when I do my part. It is not a bughole gun but it's not far from it either. Best of all, especially since Remington is back at work in Arkansas, it really likes the Remington "Golden Bullet " solid and hollow point. At 6lbs it is slightly muzzle heavy and I like that for a small game gun. I put a 3x9 Tasco on it with a bit of parallax that I had on hand and I'm sure it could benefit from a dedicated RF scope but me being notoriously cheap, I can live with it like it is.
    Last edited by murf205; 10-13-2022 at 05:56 PM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Mold
    My cz457 Varmint 22wmr is a very nice rifle.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast