RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, July 19

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, July 19

Good morning all. I have to admit, it's easier to go outside than inside my own house to speak the Gospel. Have a safe and blessed day.

Your Local Mission Field

by Greg Laurie on Jul 19, 2022

But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?
    —Romans 10:14

I have a friend named Steve, who is also a pastor. Steve is very effective at sharing the gospel both in the pulpit and out of it. Whenever you’re around Steve, you can be sure it’s only a matter of time until he asks someone this question: “Has anyone ever told you there’s a God in Heaven who loves you?”

I’ve watched him ask a coffee shop barista that question, with ten people in line behind us. I’ve been with him in restaurants where he did the same thing. He’s posed that question to random people on the street. And I’ve witnessed a variety of reactions.

Some people say no. Others don’t know what to say.

One day we were in a restaurant with two other pastors, and we were getting ready to order. The other pastors were having a theological discussion when Steve turned to the server and said, “Has anyone ever told you that God loves you?”

The server was genuinely touched by Steve’s question. He said, “No, no one’s ever told me that.”

“Well,” Steve said, “There is a God in Heaven who loves you.” And then he shared the gospel with him. Meanwhile, our friends were still discussing theology, oblivious to what was going on. A few more minutes went by, and Steve led the server to the Lord.

It reminded me a little of the church today. We’re busy with our discussions and our political debates, but it’s time to lift our heads and look around us. Jesus said, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few” (Matthew 9:37 nlt).

Sometimes we think we’d like to go to the mission field in another country to tell people about Jesus. But why don’t we just start by just crossing the street? There are opportunities in front of us every day. We simply need to be looking for them.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

What a great message - Charlie was good at it. His question was "Do you believe in God" - Asked anytime, anywhere, anyone. God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

I hope to be using that approach.

This is without a doubt my biggest shortfall. I am just not very comfortable asking people what they believe.

Visiting the infirm, helping those in need, I have no problems with.

But unless they ask me about my faith I am just not comfortable opening that can of worms.

Maybe it is from 35 years of people preaching at me when I was not ready, wanted to walk my own path.
    I know I should work on it more than I do.

I have no problems with talking about my own experiences. But opening the subject in the first place. I'm not very good at that.

Lord help me to be better at bringing your Good News to others.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Amen, go out and make disciples!