Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walmart no longer sells 357mm ammo :)

Quote Originally Posted by CZbob9 View Post
    I avoid Walmart any chance I get. It seems that place brings out the worst of the worst people out there
    I completely agree. I'm much more inclined to support small local stores than this huge warehouse of who knows what.

Boolit Master
    Probably a contrary thought-- but sometimes I wonder if things might not be better if stores only sold components-- no factory ammo for any civilians. I have more confidence in the people that can make their own ammo. Even more so if stores sold brass primers lead and powder but no bullets.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    how many grain slugs are in that 357mm ammo?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    how many grain slugs are in that 357mm ammo?
    Well, a 14" gun on a US WW1 standard battleship is 356mm. A Mk16 AP round weighs in at 1500lb, to that is about 10,500,000 grains.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonian09 View Post
    * to anyone who took this almost seriously it’s a gag meme from fb.

I’m in the blue state of ct and they still stock ammo here. It’s just behind a locked glass cabinet and you have to find someone to unlock it for you and you pay for it right there in the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walmart most certainly does not sell pistol ammo anymore. Or "assault rifle" ammo. Which means they won't sell .223 or 7.62x39, but will happily sell me .308 for my AR-10. Morons.

It's been that way since 2019...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/busin...les/index.html

The company, America’s largest retailer, said it will stop selling handgun ammunition and “short-barrel rifle ammunition,” such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, that can also be used on assault-style weapons after selling all of its current inventory. Walmart (WMT) will also stop selling handguns in Alaska, the only state where it still sells handguns. And Walmart (WMT) will request that customers no longer openly carry guns into its 4,700 US stores, or its Sam’s Club stores, in states that allow open carry.

“It’s clear to us that the status quo is unacceptable,” Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said in a memo to employees on Tuesday.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

No use for Wal Mart haven’t been in one for years,not my idea of a ‘shopping’ experience of 90% Chi Comm made products.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    No use for Wal Mart haven’t been in one for years,not my idea of a ‘shopping’ experience of 90% Chi Comm made products.
    Well, the nearest Walmart to you is 37 miles away in Sheridan, so not too surprising. My nearest Walmart is 15 miles away since I live in a town of 1200 with one little grocery store, one bar, and no hardware stores.

I hate what Walmart did to American small businesses. I remember when they started exploding in the 90's, their slogan was that they were all for American-made products. Today, the actual numbers are around 70-80% Chinese-made goods.

There is nothing you nor I can do about it. We are on a collision course with reality and facts.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Wait until the Chinese start flooding the markets with there guns, or have they already started ?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    Probably a contrary thought-- but sometimes I wonder if things might not be better if stores only sold components-- no factory ammo for any civilians. I have more confidence in the people that can make their own ammo. Even more so if stores sold brass primers lead and powder but no bullets.
    Well, that would be fun for new shooters. And the death of the 2A. But hey....

Boolit Master

There's a Rural King across the street from Walmart. They sell everything firearm wise, great selection, decent prices. I think they upped their game when Walmart turned goofy. Currently, Walmart has about four long guns that nobody would want and about as many boxes of ammo. The irritating thing about Rural King is on truck days, you can't get into the gun department because the aisles are all blocked by pallets of ammunition. Not my usual haunts but I do check out their ammo inventory once a week.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Remember that sign the next time the person behind the counter at Walmart tells you some ridiculous rumor and you're tempted to believe it.

I quit buying ammo at Walmart when they moved all the ammo behind the counter, and I couldn't see to read the boxes and prices.

Boolit Buddy
    I stand corrected, my local Walmart only stocks shotgun and various rimfire products.

Either way, I think that component idea would be terrible. Simply due to shooters too green to know better blowing their own hands off with their edc gun, when they need it to work the most.

We love reloading and tinkering. That’s not true for everyone with a gun tho. Some people just want to carry factory and shoot factory. They don’t want to absorb the risk of their own handloads failing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main reason I go to WW is for beer, as it is $4 to $5 per case cheaper than anywhere else in town.
    So depending on what else I'm doing, or how big of a hurry I'm in, I will about 90% of the time cruz the sporting goods section.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12