Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Adhesive for scope blocks

Boolit Buddy

Adhesive for scope blocks

Is there an adhesive available for gluing scope blocks? Thanks, Dan

numerous threads over on Rimfire Central forum on subject - i have used J-B weld , super glue gell , + black shoe goo without any failures [ some in use for over 6 years ] but only on rimfires -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Buddy

First ,I did not mount scope bases. Brownell's and others offer Locktite " Black Max" 280 (?) and one of it's uses in mounting sight bases on shotgun barrels. Last time I looked it up I saw they have upgraded the number for a new, improved version. I did use it on a friends Ruger Vaquero to do an emergency replacement of a front sight. Believe it's be holding for 5 yrs now. GW

Quote Originally Posted by G W Wade View Post
    First ,I did not mount scope bases. Brownell's and others offer Locktite " Black Max" 280 (?) and one of it's uses in mounting sight bases on shotgun barrels. Last time I looked it up I saw they have upgraded the number for a new, improved version. I did use it on a friends Ruger Vaquero to do an emergency replacement of a front sight. Believe it's be holding for 5 yrs now. GW
    Loctite black max 380. This stuff;
    https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Insta.../dp/B0000DD2WW
    Because I refused to drill and tap my Hawken barrel, I recently glued a 2.5" pic rail base on the barrel forward of the rear sight. I messed up the alignment the first time and was able to remove and clean it off with a heat gun and redo it properly. Two drops through the screw holes in the base and the glue wicked the full length under the base. 24 hr. cure, and that bugger is on there. I put a red dot reflex sight on it, and I'm a happy camper again.
    Deplorable infidel