Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Notos magazines

Moderator Emeritus

Notos magazines

I understand quite a few guys and guyettes have been on the wait for NOTOS .22 magazines. I had ordered three of these, lonnnng back-ordered vis Pyramid Air. The great news? I just received an eMail from Pyramid, complete with a UPS Tracking number -- that they are en route to me as I type this !

Sooooo -- if you too are longing for one, or, two, or ??? -- perhaps Pyramid has enough in stock to fill YOUR desire.

geo

Oh my, they were supposed to notify me when they were back in stock and I either missed it or they didn't.
    Looking into it now.
    How you liking your Notos Geo? Mine has not been a disappointment

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by chutesnreloads View Post
    Oh my, they were supposed to notify me when they were back in stock and I either missed it or they didn't.
    Looking into it now.
    How you liking your Notos Geo? Mine has not been a disappointment
    I have had but one and one-half "issues" with mine. The first was I had a challenge which came up -- my inability to get air into it! I posted it to Umarex, and they checked it out, returning it stating nothing wrong with it! (My kudos to them -- quick turnaround, and no charges!) Anyhoos, I empirically determined the air probe is just enough out of whack to leak air from my Nomad II compressor rather than pump into the PCP. For kicks and giggles I reversed the compressor fill hose, so the desiccant bottles hooks to the fill probe -- and this worked. With a replacement fill probe apparently unavailable (Pyramid and Umarex checked by me), I ordered a male-female set of connectors from Amazon (~$11.00) and epoxied them first to each other, and then to the Notos air fill probe. Problem no more -- it works !
    The "one-half" I still have not resolved. To wit, I took a UTG Bug Buster 'scope off another arm and installed it, and it works great. Trying to improve "great" a put a long eye-relief 'scope on -- a UTG Accushot Scout SWAT 2-7x44 AO, Mil-Dot IR, 1/4 MOA, 30mm -- and this also works great -- the Notos now being kind of a scout carbine. WHICH DO I KEEP ON IT????? I plan on a camp shoot trip this weekend and will take both 'scopes with me. Sadly, UPS tracking indicates I'll get the mags on Tuesday. I hate to waste the time messing with mag-loading when I could be shooting. I've been getting 24-27 great shots from one PCP fill -- so I ordered three extra mags -- which might give me a 28-shot ability. My thought is as compressor is pumping away, I can use this time to load magazines. I have a couple Air Venturi "pens" -- designed for use in break-barrels, but I find them to be the "cats meow" in field loading magazines. I cannot recall how many -- lots! -- of mags I filled using these, but recall only dropping but ONE pellet -- and this was when I sneezed -- so, for me they work well.
    Would I buy another NOTOS? You betcha!
    geo

Thanking you for the heads up, I got a couple mags on the way along with some pellets.
    That "which scope issue".... oh man, think you'll just have to buy another Notos and have both set ups.
    For just fun shooting I prefer the single shot tray and save the magazine for the grab it quick and get the squirrel out the peaches.
    Some folk over on GTA modifying theirs with a bigger air bottle to up the shot count. That's nice but keeping mine like
    it came.... slim, short and light