Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Benjamin Marauder .22

Boolit Mold

Benjamin Marauder .22

I have shot critters on our farm for a couple of years with a well beaten .22 Benjamin Discovery...but wanted to up grade. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marauder bpcr.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	302049 I bought a Benjamin Marauder Field and Target in .22 .
    Critters have been eliminated MUCH easier and the rifle is a silent repeater. MUCH better. With a 10 shot clip I have doubled on raiding Raccoons and it's a VERY accurate air rifle out to about 60 yards...which is my Max range for critter elimination. At 50 meters it shoots a half inch group.

I put a 6.5x20 Leupold scope on it and a bipod to match the weight of my BPCR gun and we can practice in the yard with it.

Moderator Emeritus

Kudos re your Marauder! I have both their Pistol versions (one plain-Jane and one Woods Walker)to complement the rifle. For me, my favourite is the plain pistol; with its detachable stock always attached, it is still both very light in weight and able to be held "just right" for accurate shooting. I fill mine with an Air Venturi Nomad II air compressor -- this surely makes shooting much more fun !

I, too, am a Leupuld fan, but I have their Leupold Freedom Rimfire 2x-7 33 scope on mine. I like your bi-pod!

Boolit Mold
    I think the 2x7 scope is the perfect scope for most of hunting..large and small game air rifle, Rimfire and centerfire. . My wife has been shooting my marauder and she may be ready for one of her own. How long have you had the compressor ? If My wife gets a marauder the pump is gone i think.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by glen ring View Post
    I think the 2x7 scope is the perfect scope for most of hunting..large and small game air rifle, Rimfire and centerfire. . My wife has been shooting my marauder and she may be ready for one of her own. How long have you had the compressor ? If My wife gets a marauder the pump is gone i think.
    glen ring -- Two things: First, the Leupold Freedom Rimfire is my third choice on the Marauder! I tried a Sig Sauer Whisky III Airgun Scope, followed by a Leupold fixed 4X. The latter worked OK, but a fellow at range had a Rimfire 2X on his CX .22 rimfire; I looked thru it, and fell in love! The scope is ever so bright to view through, and quite quick, as well as accurately repeatable. (For some reason, ?????, the Sig scope was not repeatably accurate on my Marauder.) So impressed was/am I (a fool and his money soon part) that a bought a 2nd for my Woods Walker .22 Pistol version.

Re compressor, I started with an Air Arms T200 PCP (for shooting 10 meter competition) and, to be quite blunt, it was waaaaay too much work. I was told that "the first time -- from zero pounds to your air rifle's 'sweet spot' (~2,300 psi) would be a workout, but thereafter, to just pump from, say, 1200-1300psi back up would be 'a piece of cake'. Either those sages are muscle-bound or I'm a super-weakling. Good that I'm kind of fat, I'd have arms straight on Hill Pump and use my body weight to lower handle and put air into the rifle. But, again, for *ME*, it became too much of a chore.
    At the time, Pyramid Air had just come out with the Nomad II, and I lucked out seeing a factory-return below the ~$600 U S dollar then msrp. Why not? I bought it! Two things I* need add is I stuck a Brother Q500 label I made on it, and ALWAYS blacken a circle EACH and EVERY time I fill a rifle with it. Also, as meticulously as this, I add the requisite drops of oil after each five fills. I now have a total of seven PCP arms, and probably do about 120 to 140 fills per season. I've had this compressor for six or seven or eight (???) years now -- with nary a problem of any sort! I've rarely -- only maybe a half-dozen times -- ran it off my Toyota Tacoma truck battery (12V) at camp; all others w/ 110VAC 60Hz at home. One beauty of the Air Arms rifles is they have screw-in/screw-out air tanks, so I can go to camp with, say, four or five bottles. (i have a sport- model to complement the target -- same air reservoir tanks).

IF -- God forbid -- should anything "die" with my Nomad II -- I can guarantee you that very few micro-seconds of time would pass before I bought an exact replacement!

Congrats/best wishes on your Marauder choice! I'm almost embarrassed to voice that I have two air arms which ran ($$$) more than double the cost of Marauder -- BUT -- pretty much any and every time I elect to either do some recreational shooting or small game plinking in woods -- the Marauder *IS* the one I invariably grab!

I am admittedly a "lousy" shot -- I'm kind of crippled (bad knee/rt leg), old, fat, and have tired eyes. But, with this said, with any Marauder I can off-hand get ten shots (.22) in an old U S silver dollar sized group at 10 meters.

geo