Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are we chosen to be Christians?

God is fair in His Judgements.
    Therefore He has a basis for His judgements.
    Including for those who are slaughtered in the wombs of their mothers without their performance in this Adamic creation being in evidence.
    God is going to deal with them fairly on the basis of evidence He has.
    Do we need to know more to settle the question?
    Are those slaughtered in the wombs of their mothers going to be judged on the basis of their actions yet to come?
    Do you understand from scripture that there was a world predating the Adamic creation?
    Do you understand from scripture that there will be a creation after the Adamic creation?
    I'm happy to say that none of those questions make me uncomfortable any more.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    God is supposed to know us before we are born. He has chosen some to become Christians. Others have not been chosen by Him. I am struggling with the concept even though it makes sense.

If born into a Muslim family a person will almost certainly become a Muslim. Same for Jews, Hindus etc etc. So it makes sense.

When He has chosen us to be born into a Christian family, He has increased our chances of salvation. Our free will may lead us elsewhere but that will be rare. He has stacked the deck in our favor.

What about the many more He has not chosen. Does God not love them as much or at all? Is He depending on their "free will" to choose Christ but starts them with the deck stacked against them?

I hear stories of children accepting Christ at a very young age and question how much of that is peer pressure. Is the Holy Ghost working in some of them, but not others? It seems ludicrous to celebrate a 5 year old accepting Jesus when we do not trust them to decide what to have for breakfast. Do 5 year old Muslims etc etc accept Christ?...I think not.

How much of our faith is pre-destined and how much is free will? It seems to me most of it is pre-destined, but I see both examples in the Bible.

I was born in a family of atheists and came to Christ late in life. God hit me with a 2x4 a few times. I do not know why He has saved me, but He has. I wonder about those He has not chosen to be saved. Why?
    God does not pick some to be saved and some to be lost. it is his desire that all be saved but all will not because of their personal choice. Predestination simply means pre determined. before the foundations of the world the trinity knew that man would sin and fall and that the plan of redemption would be Christ. God knows who will seek and accept him but in no way shuts anyone off from seeking and finding Him. All have free choice when it comes to this decision and therefor the responsibility.

If you read in Ephesian's (which is where you are speaking of) the entire first chapter speaks of what will happen or become of those that accept Christ, example they shall be adopted and become children of God. Read it carefully.,they will be blessed,have an inheritance in heaven ect. but it based on a personak choice to accept Christ.

Predestination is like a flight from Charlotte NC to Florida. This flight goes every day, It is a pre determined flight but you have to buy a ticket to get on the plane to get to the destination. A person may be born into any family that follows a specific religion but that in no way negates a person being responsible to seek the truth for themselves. If they do that ...they will find the one true God just as Jesus said.if you seek me...you will find me
    Last edited by barnabus; 07-20-2022 at 05:53 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234