RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: The Butt Ugly Ruger 10/22 Charger = Pure Fun

The Butt Ugly Ruger 10/22 Charger = Pure Fun

Never was a big fan of the Ruger 10/22. But the one thing that was outstanding was it's reliability. Over the years it has proved to be one of the most popular rifles going. There are tons of upgrades but I always figured if I am going to spend
    600-800 dollars why not just buy a high quality 22 auto in the first place. Back in the 70's chain discount stores sold them for 49.99. Since it was so affordable I bought several over the years. It's magazine release was quirky and a 6-8 pound trigger pull was my biggest turnoffs. Last one I sold was back in the 80's. Swore I would never buy another one.

Several days ago I ran into this one in pistol form. Named the 10/22 Charger with 2 15 round mags and 1 25 round mag and was all stock. The deal was one that a person of extreme low self control like me caved and bought it.

I sent away for a 2-1/2 pound BX trigger assembly and an extended mag release to cure my two biggest complaints on this model. When I installed the upgrades it reminded me of another complaint. How easily the retention pins fall out. I am researching for a pin upgrade kit.

Anyway , I installed a 3-x 9 rifle scope on it. It shot a 1 inch group at 50 yards with CHEAP ammo. I didn't care for the 3 in eye relief on this particular firearm. Installed a 2-1/2 x 7 Vortex and proceeded to have a ball. If you are trying to hoard your 22 lr stash of ammo. DO NOT BUY THIS GUN. I can't quit shooting it. It still is not as accurate my 22 match barrel on my contender or even my cheapo bolt Savage. But it is fun and that has changed my thinking for sure. Reactive targets such as gongs ,water bottles , exploding targets etc etc etc. I am now addicted.

My neighbor has one and loves it.

And yeah, it's real easy to burn through a lot of ammo quickly.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

They are particularly entertaining if someone lets you use their full auto trigger pack and bolt, and screw a suppressor on the end.