Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: .600 tri-ball 10 gauge

.600 tri-ball 10 gauge

I've been wanting to try this for a while and had a couple nice usable patterns now. My first loadings were twin .600 ball in cut down Multi Metal wads and shortened Cheddite hulls with 29.0 grains of Longshot. These grouped okay about half the time.

But the .600 diameter balls were too lose of a fit, they rattled around inside the wad when seated in the hull.

So from the 20 gauge round ball thread someone posted about paper patching a ball for a better fit. I jumped on that thought and went ahead to try it again.

This is what I was crazy enough to try. The payload is less than 2.5 ounces and I have 2.5oz data for Cheddite hulls with Steel gun powder. The book shows 29 grains for 1000 fps. The stack is one 10ga .070 nitro card on the powder, wad, 20 ga nitro card in bottom of wad, 3 balls patched with 3 flannel gun cleaning patches. First sprue towards the back and the next ones towards muzzle. Fold crimped.

The gun is a BPS 10 with a modified choke. The loaded wad pushes through the barrel easier than an empty SP10 wad. I'm excited to try more of these but I'm out of balls. Here's a few pictures of what I have so far, the distance is about 25 to 28 yards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_09072022_220638_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg   IMG_09072022_221033_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg   IMG_09072022_221103_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg  
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

One of these threads could be deleted because they're both the same.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.