Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the new Marlin 1895’s?

Where are the new Marlin 1895’s?

It seems the only place to buy these new Ruger-made guns is GB and be prepared to drop 2 bills. Is Ruger producing these in any quantity? Why are they out of stock everywhere this far into production? I’m not willing to pay ripoff prices(more than about $1200-1300) for one of these, but it seems crazy that no one anywhere has them in stock. Does anyone have any real gouge on this? I’m not looking for “oh you know, there’s a material shortage and supply chain disruptions” because well duh. I’m saying, I’ve seen brand new Colt Pythons behind the glass at LGS’s, and they’re more desirable and anticipated than a Ruglin 1895. What is Ruger actually up to?

Boolit Master
    A buddy of mine has one coming this week, a local shop that belongs to a buying group has been getting a few all allong, and they are going for $1300.

Boolit Master

I’ve been on the wait list at one large and two small gun shops. I am up to number 10 at the large with about a hundred behind me.

I want one bad but will not pay $2K for a rifle who's MSRP is $1399….

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master
    I got to handle one of the Trapper size 1895 Marlin(Ruger) rifles today at a Bridgeport Equipment store. Everything seemed well put together with better fit and finish that the Marlin(Remington) or circling the bowl Marlin(JM) production rifles. The fore end seemed slimmer than my Marlin(JM) and the action smoother than mine was new. Sticker was $1,300ish.

If my house burned or I dropped my Guide Gun out of a tippy canoe I wouldn’t have any qualms about a new replacement, other than being twice what my rifle cost.

Glad to hear they’re making it out to some folks. Thanks everyone!

Boolit Master
    I've had a FFL since 1988 and have been frustrated throughout that entire time with new guns being unavailable for long periods of time after being announced in all the gun magazines. i remember when Ruger announced they were going to bring out the model 77/22rimfire rifle in 22 Hornet. I got fired up to own one really bad. After checking with wholesalers for about two years and hearing nothing but "Out of Stock" I cooled off and never got around to it. It seems this is often the case over the years with anything new. And now with Ruger just starting production of the Marlins and everything being short with record high demand I would just forget about trying to get one for a year or two. The Gunbroker prices are well beyond what I'd want to pay for something that will eventually be available at normal pricing.

Boolit Buddy
    Shortly after the trapper was re-introduced I had to have one. I bought off of GB and while it wasn't 2, it wasn't real far from it. It is hands-down the smoothest functioning 1895 I have ever ran. Did I pay a premium for it? No, it was a bit above your msrp. Can you wait- sure. I wanted to try one and felt that the added expense was wiser than the time waiting for it to come down in price. Maybe they will reach below msrp. By the time they do, mine will be well broke in.

I hate to say it too loud- but I actually prefer the trapper to my Shiloh. End result- buy once, cry once.

Zingger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingger View Post
    Shortly after the trapper was re-introduced I had to have one. I bought off of GB and while it wasn't 2, it wasn't real far from it. It is hands-down the smoothest functioning 1895
    Zingger
    Have you shot it much and have you shot cast in it?
    My two Guide Guns are over 20 years old and both shoot NOE’s 360gr RD boolit into nice little 100 yard groups.
    I can’t wait to see if Marlin (Ruger) can put a decent barrel on the .44 Mag 1894 if they ever bring one out.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Have you shot it much and have you shot cast in it?
    My two Guide Guns are over 20 years old and both shoot NOE’s 360gr RD boolit into nice little 100 yard groups.
    I can’t wait to see if Marlin (Ruger) can put a decent barrel on the .44 Mag 1894 if they ever bring one out.
    Rick- I have shot the crap out of it- my 330 gr HP mold has been getting a lot of use. It will be my backup rifle for the deer season this year. Handles great- very natural pointing with the Skinner Sights on it. Honestly, if I was going to design a lever in 45-70 this would be it. There WILL be an 1894 in 44 when they come out, especially if they go to a 1:20 twist. These rifles are just plain fun. The shell detent is a little tricky to get used to, but a quick pull with the leatherman clears the cartridge.

Boolit Master

Rick- I have shot the crap out of it- my 330 gr HP mold has been getting a lot of use. It will be my backup rifle for the deer season this year. Handles great- very natural pointing with the Skinner Sights on it. Honestly, if I was going to design a lever in 45-70 this would be it. There WILL be an 1894 in 44 when they come out, especially if they go to a 1:20 twist. These rifles are just plain fun. The shell detent is a little tricky to get used to, but a quick pull with the leatherman clears the cartridge.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! You guys are killing me, I have to ask with the Trapper and that ultra short barrel how bad is the muzzle blast? Like I said before been waiting for an SBL but the trapper seems awful nice too. A forum member has a pristine Marlin CB in 45-70 and that one’s been pulling at my heart strings too —- and it’s very, very pristine…

Maybe I’ll jump out to Gunbroker and just take a little look….again. VERY glad to hear good reports of this as I’m a Ruger nut to begin with….

Art
    ——Townsend Whelen

—- George Orwell

Boolit Buddy
    Tasman- You're going to hate me. The muzzle blast is no worse than any other 16", non-braked rifle. I have shot a 94 winchester in 30-30, trapper of course, since I was 15. Same ease of use, natural pointing and downright accurate against targets. Load it mild to wild, it doesn't care. The fluted bolt runs slick- and the detent for the cartridges is excellent. I owned a GBL (still a JM) and it isn't even in the same ballpark as this one. Cleans easy and is forgiving with cast. I am running 32 of 5744 (still have a shiloh, so I don't hotrod) with the 330 grain 457122(?) HP. I hope that megabuck I have been watching for the last couple of years decides to poke his head out when I have it in hand. Mine is mid 5000 SN. There's a bit of a hangup, as I said previously with the cartridge feed but I am sure it will disappear with age. The monkey on your shoulder is saying...... BUY, BUY, BUY!
    Zingger

Boolit Master

Tasman- You're going to hate me. The muzzle blast is no worse than any other 16", non-braked rifle. I have shot a 94 winchester in 30-30, trapper of course, since I was 15. Same ease of use, natural pointing and downright accurate against targets. Load it mild to wild, it doesn't care. The fluted bolt runs slick- and the detent for the cartridges is excellent. I owned a GBL (still a JM) and it isn't even in the same ballpark as this one. Cleans easy and is forgiving with cast. I am running 32 of 5744 (still have a shiloh, so I don't hotrod) with the 330 grain 457122(?) HP. I hope that megabuck I have been watching for the last couple of years decides to poke his head out when I have it in hand. Mine is mid 5000 SN. There's a bit of a hangup, as I said previously with the cartridge feed but I am sure it will disappear with age. The monkey on your shoulder is saying...... BUY, BUY, BUY!
    Zingger
    No man I don’t hate you, I’m happy for you! I haven’t shot much 5744 and like you when it comes to 45-70 I am not a hot order. If you have some 4198 give that a snort, all my big boars love that stuff!

…..I’m looking at Gunbroker now…sigh…..LOL

ART
    ——Townsend Whelen

—- George Orwell

Boolit Buddy
    Happy Hunting!

Boolit Master

I shoot 29 gr 4198 in my CB with the 330 and my gun loves it. So does my shoulder.

Boolit Master
    where are the new marlins? me, I gave up caring after seeing some absolutely awful craftsmanship in new marlins and some rugers in gun racks and the prices are crazy high too. in my thinking I would much prefer an older gun that is unmolested even if it might have some used and is a bit ugly to others.
    I bought a new gun before, and guess what, I went out and shot it and the bullets didn't go into the targets any better and it was forevermore a used gun.
    but these days where everyone and their brother thinks they can be a gunsmith and has a Dremel tool and some files you have to look careful to be sure its unmolested.

Boolit Mold
    I wish they would make a stainless with black stock so you don't have to worry about bumping it into something.

Boolit Buddy
    The black laminate of the trapper is tough- and it WILL get some pretty serious use. farmbif- to each their own. While I cannot attest to all, my mid 5k has but one flaw and that is the detent for stuffing ammo in. If not seated in fully, they hang up. I have had the legendary JM marlins- and they have all left. I don't intend to get rid of this one. It rides in the pickup with me when out in the country- hoping to find that unlucky coyote. I don't feel that you would be disappointed in these, but I am not you.
    Zingger

I still like walnut better.

Boolit Master

I'm just glad they are making some and I hope they make millions of them over many years. I also hope they make all the other models of lever Marlins, and lots of them..........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

A local store I know of got one of each model in. They were sold before they ever hit the shelf at $1495 I believe.

I'm sure Ruger/Marlin is building them as fast as they can while retaining the level of quality that customers expect. The last thing they need is a quality control fiasco like Remington got themselves into.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast