Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is UPS doing?

What is UPS doing?

Can someone in clear Texan explain to me what UPS has done concerning their shipping policy on gun parts?

ACC

Boolit Buddy
    They went woke.

They don’t want to have to make sure shipments are not 80% blocks, because the atf and gun control lobby wrote them a letter asking about firearms deliver security.

So they decided to drop firearms service and legal parts delivery and market it as a positive thing to the gun controllers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they are destroying any they think are gun parts. Heres an article.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/07/ups...es-in-transit/
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    I personally am boycotting ups. For all shipments not just gun stuff. And if a seller uses them il avoid it

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonian09 View Post
    I personally am boycotting ups. For all shipments not just gun stuff. And if a seller uses them il avoid it

That's about all you can do. Luckily my deliveries have mostly been through other companies but this may become a trend. If that happens things may get ugly if you want gun parts.

After reading the article linked above it would be interesting to hear a response from Brownells. I doubt their business has anything to do with ghost guns.

Boolit Buddy
    Then il order lathes and cnc like a ghost gunner3 and make stuff from raw parts. Malicious compliance seems to be the answer until some heavy law suits are made

Boolit Master

What gives them the authority to seize and destroy anything? Where does that policing power come from? I see lot's of law suites headed their way for destroyed or damaged property.

Boolit Buddy

What is UPS doing?

They don’t have the authority. It’s stealing privately owned property

And ghost guns aren’t illegal until august I believe

I'm not seeing any news stories on this from anywhere I know to be a reliable source. Mostly firearms sites and next to nothing else.

This may be a Red Herring.

The idea of UPS seizing packages and destroying them doesn't pass the sniff test.

Boolit Master
    Seems to be the exact same story on every site. I would like to see another source.

UPS Says:

"Prohibited Firearms Shipments

UPS does not accept automatic weapons, including machine guns, for shipment, either domestically or internationally.

UPS does not accept firearms (including handguns) and firearm parts for shipment internationally.

UPS does not accept firearms (including handguns) and firearm parts for shipment domestically unless (1) such shipments are in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, including, without limitation, age restrictions; (2) such firearms, including any partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver (as defined by 27 CFR § 478.12) have been identified and bear a serial number in a manner that complies with federal law; and (3) such firearm parts within a package cannot be assembled to form a firearm.

Any item that meets the definition of a firearm (including firearm mufflers or silencers) or a “frame” or “receiver” under federal law (including any partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver as defined by 27 CFR § 478.12) must be identified and bear a serial number in satisfaction of the requirements for identifying such items under federal law, including 27 CFR § 478.92 and/or 27 CFR § 479.102, regardless of whether any such items are otherwise exempt from or not subject to identification requirements under applicable law. This prohibition applies even before the effective date of 27 CFR § 478.12."

It sure sounds like they are jumping the gun.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 07-06-2022 at 09:56 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

Insure the packages then let the insurers deal with ups. It wont belong they will come around.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Maybe that explains why they stepped on and kicked my palmetto state armory red dot to the door last month. Had shoe prints on the box.

If fed ex follows along with them that will kill Internet sales.

Slow down boys ..I just sold a high dollar pistol ..took it to the UPS owned facility (has to ship next day air) and cannot ship thru ANY UPS location except an actual company owned facility
    I shipped it yesterday from Missouri to Nevada ..upon presenting it to UPS I announced (as required) that it was a firearm
    The UPS employee did not bat an eye ..did not look at me as coming from another planet ..I also supplied the two required chain of custody forms as specified by UPS's requirements ..I left the facility with a signed by UPS's employee custody form
    The pistol arrived at the FFL's place of business in Nevada today ..
    I know the major carriers are battling theft like crazy ..I suspect they are trying hard to continue the service.. and keep the guns from getting waylayed and carry on with business
    Also note the shipping instruction required ANY names or labels to not give away the nature of the contents of the box..
    Essentially ..a plain brown box please !

Me thinks since UPS and Fedex are about the only way left to move across the country modern firearms to their next owner ..we had better hope calm minds prevail

Just my $.02

Bear

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    Can someone in clear Texan explain to me what UPS has done concerning their shipping policy on gun parts?

ACC
    According to SAF, several senators sent letters to multiple carriers blaming them for "gun violence."

https://www.saf.org/five-anti-gun-se...-gun-violence/

This article includes a copy of the letter UPS sent to Ghost Guns, in Florida:

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/07/ups...MAIL_CAMPAIGN)

HTH!

Bill

This may not be entirely relevant, but a few years ago I took a reflex sight to the local franchise owned UPS store. The guy behind the counter asked what I was shipping. I told him it was a sight optic and he refused to accept it stating he does not accept anything firearms related. I had a prepaid preprinted label from the manufacturer and after arguing with him I found a driver on the street who gladly accepted it. The driver also said the guy is quite the butt head. Unfortunately, I still have to deal with this place for Amazon returns.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master
    I ordered a conversion cylinder for my recently purchased .36 caliber percussion revolver. Scheduled to be delivered July 12 by UPS. We'll see what happens.

I think that some relief can still be found through the US Postal system if the circumstances are right. As far as I know an ordinary citizen may send a long gun through the mail to an FFL Dealer (for sale) or to a gunsmith for repair, and in the case of the repair may receive it back. An FFL Dealer may send a handgun or long gun to another Dealer, which would include an eligible C&R firearm, and a C&R can ship to a C&R. As I recently personally experienced, using the USPS to ship firearms is very expensive! No restriction on shipping parts unless they are explosive.

DG

Boolit Master
    I see lots of finger pointing and people jumping to conclusions, a few weeks ago at local ups store I was told live ammo can be shipped by ups from the local hub, I have not found that hub yet but they assured me its no problem. if live ammo can be shipped I can't imagine they would restrict firearms. if it is made impossible to ship firearms and parts many businesses would die and have a definite impact on the economy. how would law enforcement agencies get firearms if there is no way to ship guns?
    it just doesn't make sense. I always try to get to source for accurate information and this source would be UPS. I dont have any guns or gun parts to ship or receive and until I do won't inquire with the source. its easy for false rumors to spread like wildfire these days and I refuse to take part in such.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    What gives them the authority to seize and destroy anything? Where does that policing power come from? I see lot's of law suites headed their way for destroyed or damaged property.
    My thoughts exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    I think that some relief can still be found through the US Postal system if the circumstances are right. As far as I know an ordinary citizen may send a long gun through the mail to an FFL Dealer (for sale) or to a gunsmith for repair, and in the case of the repair may receive it back. An FFL Dealer may send a handgun or long gun to another Dealer, which would include an eligible C&R firearm, and a C&R can ship to a C&R. As I recently personally experienced, using the USPS to ship firearms is very expensive! No restriction on shipping parts unless they are explosive.

DG
    I had a perfectly legal handgun shipment get tangled up in a USPS distribution center for over a month for no good reason. Firearm was shipped from an FFL to an FFL and someone took it upon themselves to open the package and have a fit. Postal Inspector got involved as well. As I said it was a perfectly legal transaction and all of the USPS regulations were followed and I did eventually take possession of the pistol from the receiving FFL. There was no good reason for the month long delay and I received no explanation or apology.

When people are involved they will take it upon themselves to break a law to further their cause. I know it happens because it happened to me. Just be aware.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast