RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inventory

Inventory

Is there an app someplace that I can inventory my guns? With an option of pictures. For that matter I would like to inventory household things. Now where is the spell check on here.
    Thanks
    Dean

Boolit Grand Master

I currently use an Excel spreadsheet but one of the members Tom Meyers sells a very nice program. I am going fishing in Alaska for about 3 weeks. When I get back, I think I will purchase this from Tom.

http://tmtpages.com/New_Arms_Rec/printarms.htm

https://www.tmtpages.com/

https://secure.tmtpages.com/catalog/...adbcdc96c473c5
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 07-05-2022 at 02:39 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Be sure that information & such is stored someplace other than where one way or another, it all can be lost.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Digital records are good, so long as you maintain a copy separate from the database...meaning a thumb drive. Print a paper copy too and keep that in a fire safe.

Here is a formatted Excel file for consideration, with quite a few popular calibers listed, formattable to exclude any or include others, completely changeable, and as Microsoft programming, capable of attaching and storing digital photographs, or cross reference from another folder or file.

Firearm Inventory.zip
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I use the Excell spread sheet as well - then take photos and save the JPEGs in a separate file.

I keep a gun inventory, mold inventory and reloading equipment inventory - I also keep a household inventory room by room. The biggest thing is to train yourself to keep it current and not put it off.

One of the most helpful things I started doing years ago was keeping a house file. When a new appliance was purchased or repaired, a repair to the house was done, new roof, painting, etc. I keep track of what was done, who did it, what the cost was, model numbers, etc. to go back and refer to if I need to. Time has a way of flying by and it's hard to remember just when something was done.

I can see how a specific software could be helpful - just remember that even the most advanced program is worthless if you don't take the time to keep it current. Keep a back-up copy in another place so if your house should burn your inventory doesn't turn to smoke too - and a printed copy is a good idea to. A good inventory is a blessing to the person/s who have to Adminstrate your Estate when and if something happens to your or if you have a surviving spouse.

Boolit Master

NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

I've used gun safe and gun vault with android. Both work. I need to reinstall one of them myself.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I would not use any software that stores info on a cloud somewhere. My records/inventory is all on paper, locked in a fireproof safe.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I would not use any software that stores info on a cloud somewhere. My records/inventory is all on paper, locked in a fireproof safe.
    Definitely not using cloud based storage. A thumb drive, securely stored.
    Also,
    Like bedbugbilly, I keep receipts and manuals for household purchases, with a slight twist. I write the serial and model numbers on the receipts and save a digital copy in a file. The manuals and original receipts get stored in an envelope near the item after I write the date of purchase on them (receipts fade after a few years).
    Six years ago I updated our guest bathroom. Everything was replaced except the tub. All the manuals are in a gallon zip-lock bag. The vanity has drawers on one side. The envelope is in the top drawer under a piece of plastic waterproof sheeting (the stuff you install behind shower enclosures) that serves as a drawer liner.
    There are drawers in every room in the house. When an appliance acts up I have the manual and receipt close by. When we replace an item I replace the old manual with the new one.

I keep all receipts for appliances worth about $100 or more. And manuals if they come with one. In May, my 3 year old 65inch TCL tv died. 2 year warranty. We went to Sam's where I bought it and while I looked, my wife complained to the guy in electronics. They came over to me and he asked if I had the receipt. YES. Go get it and the TV and we'll give you credit against your account. I got a new Phillips 65 inch and had $25 credit left. Keep your receipts

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I’ve availed myself on warranty of the sink faucet I installed in our guest bath twice.

Boolit Buddy
    I keep my records in Excel and store the spreadsheets and photos in an encrypted container file. Multiple backups are maintained in several different secure locations.

I worked in tech too long to trust any kind of "gun tracking app" with this information...

I'm with Froogal on this I maintain a book of records with a copy I update each time I acquire or dispose of a fire arm.

Agree with kerplode. Especially in this climate the last thing I want is a list of everything I own on some app or server .

Boolit Grand Master

I'm lucky ... I'm just a Pack Rat with Chaotic Disorganizational Hoarding Tendencies and we aren't required to keep any pesky lists or apps .
    My wife had me tested .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I made mine using open office, now libre office. You can add pics. Save on a couple thumb drives in case of failure.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    I put them on a exell spread sheet printed a copy, sent a copy to a trusted family member and sent a copy to my self to store in my email. As to the rest of the home I would take pics of every thing that has the make and model number. I was told by and insurance adjuster that make their job easier and thus makes your claim go easier.. cant hurt.

An IT guy told me that his wife dropped a USB drive and the shock made the drive unreadable. I believe a printed record is the best.

After you record your information, send it to yourself via email. You can keep it there.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I currently use an Excel spreadsheet but one of the members Tom Meyers sells a very nice program. I am going fishing in Alaska for about 3 weeks. When I get back, I think I will purchase this from Tom.

http://tmtpages.com/New_Arms_Rec/printarms.htm

https://www.tmtpages.com/

https://secure.tmtpages.com/catalog/...adbcdc96c473c5
    Thanks for the plug, M-Tecks;
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Moderator Emeritus

After having a lot of info on 5 1/2" floppy disks, I like electronic programs for speed, paper for backup.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast