RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watched good movie

Boolit Master

Watched good movie

Just watched The Kentuckian, good movie for sure.Burt was bound and determined to get to Texas,

Boolit Buddy
    Seemingly like half the country is today.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    My vote is Sargent York. There’re sure a lot of others out there. I hope to find some I haven’t seen, or at least don’t remember. One of the pluses of getting older.

A movie that is one of my all-time favorites but not widely mentioned is; "The Light Horsemen," a story from WWI.
    I dare you to watch it only one time.

Banned
    i really don't have a favorite movie. i like to read books. "The Stand" by Stephen King is definitely in the 10 best books.

Boolit Master

I wouldn't even keep a Steven King book in the old 3 holer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    I wouldn't even keep a Steven King book in the old 3 holer.

i personally can't stand the guy, but you can't deny his ability to write horror novels. Stephen Ambrose, Leo Tolstoy, John Saul, Ayn Rand, Aleksandr Isaevich Solzhenitsyn, Brian Lumley, David Eddings, Anne Rice, Charles Dickens, Mary Shelly, Fyodor Dostoevsky, HG Wells, Franz Kafka, Mark Twain, Daniel Dafoe, George Orwell, HP Lovecraft, Bram Stoker, J. D. Salinger, Ray Bradbury, James Michener, Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy and a whole host of others.

i purchase my books from a second-hand store. it becomes too expensive to read a new book.

I never tire watching the classic movie ZULU

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Grand Master

The Light Horsemen and Zulu rank right up there on my favorite list of movies.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Man, that Walter Matheu was gettin' busy with a Bullwhip! He never did that to Jack Lemon.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by todd9.3x57 View Post
    i personally can't stand the guy, but you can't deny his ability to write horror novels. Stephen Ambrose, Leo Tolstoy, John Saul, Ayn Rand, Aleksandr Isaevich Solzhenitsyn, Brian Lumley, David Eddings, Anne Rice, Charles Dickens, Mary Shelly, Fyodor Dostoevsky, HG Wells, Franz Kafka, Mark Twain, Daniel Dafoe, George Orwell, HP Lovecraft, Bram Stoker, J. D. Salinger, Ray Bradbury, James Michener, Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy and a whole host of others.

i purchase my books from a second-hand store. it becomes too expensive to read a new book.
    Left out William Faulkner, Kipling, among many others, and another I really like is Richard Russo - "Nobody's Fool". These days I get most of my books for free from the Arkansas Digital Library Consortium for my Kindle.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    Left out William Faulkner, Kipling, among many others, and another I really like is Richard Russo - "Nobody's Fool". These days I get most of my books for free from the Arkansas Digital Library Consortium for my Kindle.
    i should really buy a kindle, but i'm old fashioned and i like to hold my books and go on read them one (or 2, 3, 4.....) more time. add to fact, i just like them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrod47 View Post
    Man, that Walter Matheu was gettin' busy with a Bullwhip! He never did that to Jack Lemon.
    He was whipping that candle flame like there was a million dollars riding on a bet.

Boolit Master

I never get tired of the old movies.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    i should really buy a kindle, but i'm old fashioned and i like to hold my books and go on read them one (or 2, 3, 4.....) more time. add to fact, i just like them.
    My wife gave me a Kindle about 10 years ago. Took me a spell to get used to it, but I really like it. I have about everything from Macaulay's History of England 4x read, to Flayderman's Guide to Antique Firearms (it goes to gun shows with me), to Shots Fired in Anger 3x read, to Ordnance went up front 3x, to a Rifleman went to War 4x, etc. On the other hand I do like my pulp - John Sandford, Lee Child, and C.J. Box. I am on my second reading of those pulp books, and per the Arkansas Digital Library Consortium they are free. Benefit of age is with the pulp books by the time I start them again I have pert near forgotten the plots and they are bright and shiny again. I like regular books, but as voracious as I am on books the Kindle has been great to easily carry with me down at my shop, or out in the woods.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    My wife gave me a Kindle about 10 years ago. Took me a spell to get used to it, but I really like it. I have about everything from Macaulay's History of England 4x read, to Flayderman's Guide to Antique Firearms (it goes to gun shows with me), to Shots Fired in Anger 3x read, to Ordnance went up front 3x, to a Rifleman went to War 4x, etc. On the other hand I do like my pulp - John Sandford, Lee Child, and C.J. Box. I am on my second reading of those pulp books, and per the Arkansas Digital Library Consortium they are free. Benefit of age is with the pulp books by the time I start them again I have pert near forgotten the plots and they are bright and shiny again. I like regular books, but as voracious as I am on books the Kindle has been great to easily carry with me down at my shop, or out in the woods.

you guys ain't helping!!!!!!! maybe i should look into it.

Boolit Master

Me too Buddy, I have a nice library in my man room. I even have kept a large handcrafted glass front gun cabinet stocked with old favorites in there even though, I have 2 safes for most. I just want to reach out and touch my stuff when I want to.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Humphrey Bogart "Sahara" with Lloyd Bridges and one of my favorite character actors J Carrol Naish.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
    Humphrey Bogart "Sahara" with Lloyd Bridges and one of my favorite character actors J Carrol Naish.
    Saw that as a boy, really like it. Later I became a tank commander myself. Every few years I revisit it. My favorite Bogey, for sure.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Why so serious. Monty Python the holy grail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast