Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision

Thread: PCP Air Gun Recommended by Dealer-Agree?

Boolit Master

PCP Air Gun Recommended by Dealer-Agree?

I'm going to go to the Dark Side(just realized people were talking about PCP) while I dispose of a lot of stuff I no longer use. A reputable dealer has recommended a Daystate Huntsman Revere. I have dealt with this dealer before and have no reason to suspect their recommendation but would like to get some additional information on this choice.

Because I should be able to generate enough $$ to get exactly what I want, I'm going a little higher than I would if it all came out of my pocket. The Daystate model is not exceptionally high end like some of their models but looks like enough quality and features to satisfy me for the rest of my shooting life.

So what is the consensus?
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

I believe it's a great gun. I see that airgunsofarizona.com has the .22 cal for $1450 Plus they include a free Silencer. I wouldn't get the .177 however, cause you'll beat yourself up for not getting a larger caliber.

Boolit Master

That is exactly what Air Guns of Arizona quoted me, .22 Caliber. I don't know how long the free silencer is good for but the cost is significant if not free.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master
    I bought the Daystate Huntsman after a recommendation from NSB on this forum. I have an extensive thread on it and the DAR.

The Daystate is an excellent air rifle. I easily get sub 1" at 50 yards with cheap pellets and under .75 with premium pellets. NSB is getting sub .5" inch from his.

You should be pleased with it. It will take a good cleaning (I used Ballistol) and about 200 pellets to get the barrel shooting at its best. I added a Donny FL suppressor on mine and I shoot without hearing protection.

Get a good quality scope for it that will focus at air gun distances.
    Don Verna

I'd tell you, if you have the $$$, Skipping the budget route won't disappoint you. I chose the budget route and am not exactly
    disappointed either. An initial $300 got me a rifle and pump. I enjoy making a rifle shoot as best as it can. Another $200 in after
    market parts and pellets/slugs I may not otherwise have bought. Pretty pleased with the results. Still well under the higher end
    rifle's price tag. One thing learned since getting into the darkside, the additional maintenance may not be what I'd expected
    compared to say a spring piston. So far, it's been quite reliable. Only time will tell if I really want to continue this route.
    One thing is sure. Whether multi pump, spring piston, or PCP, the air gunning will stick. Get a LOT more shooting time in
    when it can be done in the back yard. I'm all ready saving for my next air rifle. Whether that will be a higher end springer
    or PCP still remains to be seen.
    You didn't say how you intend to fill the new rifle. Keeping it filled with air is a factor to be considered too

Boolit Mold
    Alamogunr, your timing is interesting. I wanted a Daystate Huntsman Revere but couldn't get one in left hand. I just bought a Weihrauch HW-100 and am very pleased with it. Both of these Airguns are 200 bar guns and very close in accuracy, reliability and cost.
    If you do make the plunge be sure and try the JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13 grain and the JSB Hades 15.89 grain pellets in 22 caliber. (definitely recommend the .22 cal rifle)
    The Crossman Premier 14.3 grain H.P. can be had at Walmart in my area for around $6.50 for a tin of 500. Although not as accurate as above mentioned pellets make a great cheap plinking pellet. I have been having a ball shooting at "know your limits" steel swinging plates in the back yard at 33 yards. The accuracy of these guns has to be experienced to be believed. None of my 22 rimfire guns will come close inside 50 yards. Wind is the only limiting factor and I understand the slugs can help in that reguard.
    I am so glad I bit the bullet and saved for a good quality airgun instead of one of the cheaper models.
    Also you will need an air supply. I can recommend that you investigate the used Scba 30 and 45 minute bottle air tanks.
    Have fun...I know I sure am.

Boolit Master
    Wind is the bane of any airgun, regardless of what type. That being said, my Daystate rivals my Anschutz, T-Bolt, and my CZ455 at 50 yards for five shot groups on calm days. I had it out the other day at the range to give me something to do while my muzzle loader barrel was cooling between shots. It still never ceases to amaze me with how accurate it is. I suggest to everyone who’s seriously interested in getting into air guns to consider the Daystate or a gun of equal quality and a SCBD cylinder to charge it with. All things considered it’s still an economical way of getting a lot of trigger time in and it’s definitely something that can be used for effective pest control and small game hunting. I enjoy it every bit as much as I do my quality rimfire rifles.