RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Will a stock for a CZ 452 American fit my 452 ZKM??

Boolit Master

Will a stock for a CZ 452 American fit my 452 ZKM??

Hi guys. I have a CZ 452 ZKM (the European model with the Bavarian comb and steep schnabel fore end) that is so accurate it is scary.

While I love the stock for field type shooting, it is not the most conducive to bench shooting off of sandbags etc. I would like to put a replacement stock on it. I like some of the Boyd's laminates, but they don't specifically list the ZKM. I was wondering if a stock for a 452 American would fit? If minor inletting/fitting are needed that's no problem, I'm handy and do quite a bit of stock work, but if they're totally incompatible I don't want to go there.

Anyone know? Or suggest another company who makes similar stocks?

You might contact Boyd's gunstocks. They might know the information you need.

Boolit Grand Master
    My guess is that you will have to inlet the barrel channel for the rear sight. Not sure about the barrel profile.

I haven't seen one of the 452 American models in dog's years.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    I put a Boyds Varmint stock on a 452 ZKM Varmint. Worked perfect. Its very competitive in the Mini-Palma we shoot. My main gun is a FWB 2600 but that CZ will shoot darn close.

Boolit Master
    Very minimal work to make it fit. As said before, might have to notch the stock for the rear sight. But barrel channel, action, trigger, etc should fit.

Boolit Master

Thanks! Sounds like I can handle it. I inherited this from my father in law. I was originally going to sell it since I have a few good . 22s. As I was cleaning it, I was struck with the quality. I think I found like 2 plastic parts on the whole thing. Then when I shot it, wow!

Boolit Grand Master
    If you can still see to use the iron sights, the trajectory does match the rear sight markings. At least mine did with regular high velocity loads.

Robert

Boolit Master

Robert,

I've mostly just shot groups with a scope, but I will get around to shooting the irons eventually. Does your have the adjustable front sight? My father in laws does, so you can actually set it so that it DOES match the trajectory marks on the rear.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes it does. Basically you set the rear sight at 25 or 50 yards (maybe meters?) and use the front sight to zero your elevation. Mine would reliably hit pop cans out to the longest range on the rear sight.

I don't remember if it is 125 or 150 yards.

Unfortunately, my eyesight has gotten to bad to really use iron sights so I put a Leupold 1-4X on mine. Its better in the squirrel woods, but I do miss the easy range adjustments when plinking.

Robert