Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Load Data

Thread: Remington .22 one piece at a time -

Remington .22 one piece at a time -

Remington 511 barrel + receiver - model 510 feed ramp - model 510 broken stock w/broken toe , repaired w/model 870 butt plate - 512 P front sight installed muzzle on bulged 511 barrel shortened to 16 1/2" - nylon 510 bolt - Williams 510-5D rear sight - no complete collectibles were used in assembly - sorry about my poor picture taking skills -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master

Looks like a winner.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Handy and accurate I would imagine. Very nice!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

thanks pw + tx - 1/2 " - 3/4" groups at 50 yards from front rest with bulk Federal ammo -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

Boolit Buddy
    Great that you can save an old 22. I had a similar bulged barrel on a Mossberg 151k but it was bulged right at 16 inches. Cut it off at 16.5 then drilled out about an inch to clean rifling. Suprising how well it shot for $15. Luckily it took a cheap tasco scope so I didn't have to replace the front sights.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    You must have listened to the Johnny Cash song too many times.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

yes i listened to it a few times - had pleasure of meeting him at his museum in Nashville on family vacation in the 80's - security guard there was one of his relatives who was packing a S&W mdl. 1917 revolver -

as they say in latin

Boolit Master

When I was at Colorado School of Trades, one of the instructors had a .22 Auto that had four bulges in it from about 14 inches out to near the muzzle. He got it cheap but said with the right ammo it was very accurate, no need to alter or replace the barrel.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    When I was at Colorado School of Trades, one of the instructors had a .22 Auto that had four bulges in it from about 14 inches out to near the muzzle. He got it cheap but said with the right ammo it was very accurate, no need to alter or replace the barrel.
    completely agree - have a very accurate Stevens crackshot with buldge that i got cheap -

as they say in latin

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Those old Remington's from that era are my favorite . Ya did good !!

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    Those old Remington's from that era are my favorite . Ya did good !!

Jack
    thanks - i have been researching , accumulating , repairing , + shooting 510's , 511's , 512's , 513's , + 521's for over 6 decades now -

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    I have about 15 or so collecting dust that ran out of gas. 511's and 512's are my favorite for off hand. The peep sight models are easier to shoot. 1937-1960's. I have an old 513t military with a 32 power scope to shoot flies at 75 yards. You can see the blood splatter on a target.
    Last edited by 45DUDE; 07-02-2022 at 12:58 PM.

currently 30+ - least favorite is the 512's - still have the 521 that i got new as my 10th birthday present in 1956 -

as they say in latin