Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
I can understand the slotted wedge way of doing it. Can someone provide a picture or sketch of how it works?
Thanks
Greg, I just saw your request for a picture, sorry this is so late! In the first pic the wedge is held captive in it slot by the pin under the escutcheon. The 2nd pic shows the location of the pin, lying in it's tiny grooves above and below the wedge slot. The wedge and escutcheon are lying on the desktop, below the stock.Not having four hands, I couldn't hold the camera and assemble the parts into their relative positions. From this point, pick up the pin at one end with a needle nose pliers or a hemostat and pick up the wedge/escutcheon assembly in the other. Insert the pin into the slotted wedge and carefully maneuver the assembly into the stock, placing the pin in it's bed. Hold the escutcheon in place with your thumbs and turn the stock over 180 degrees. If you did it right, the wedge will hang on the pin and not fall out! Now, roll it back over and insert the escutcheon screws. Hopefully, you'll never need to remove that escutcheon again! Now, go make smoke!

Attachment 302641Attachment 302642