Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 88 octane gasoline

Boolit Grand Master
    We have 88 octane and 91 octane alcohol free gas here in town. The 91 octane is about 75 cents a gallon higher than the 88 octane stuff

Boolit Master
    Ethanol (sometimes called oxygenated fuel to decieve) has about 1/2 the energy content of gasoline,and every time Ive worked out prices ,the E gas is more expensive ,even if its cheaper per gallon.

Boolit Master
    Keeping the engine under 200 degrees and it will live longer. If the engine has clatter use a higher grade. Modern engines have knock sensors to retard timing and you get lower power and fuel mileage. Prove it to yourself. Drive 200 miles with the best and 200 miles with 88 and decide for yourself. Fuel increase has more than doubled since I voted last. Of the 4 vehicles I drive there is a total of about 625000 miles with the cheaper grade and no problems. I use high grade in chain saws and things like that. My wife burnt the motor on the weed eater last week because the intake vent got stopped op with grass
    Last edited by 45DUDE; 07-01-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Boolit Master
    88 octane is perfectly fine for car that recommends 87 octane. It might be E10 ethanol mix or not. 87, 88, 91, 93 octane gas could contain ethanol or not. Some states require stickers on the pump if ethanol is in the mix some states don’t. One station might have e10 88 octane gas and the staton next door might have 88 octane that’s not an E10 mix.

Some states even require all gas to be E10 or higher. Most states don’t.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12