WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Lead in the mail box.

Boolit Buddy

Lead in the mail box.

So, I ordered 50lbs of lead from Rotometals and the postman managed to stuff the package in my mailbox. I don't blame him for not wanting to carry it to the porch.

Mike

Boolit Master
    My postmistress left a bag of bismuth in our box one time and tore it off the post! She said it was the last time she tried that.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

My mailbox door was bent almost in half from sending 50lbs boxes of lead. I didn't like our letter carrier at the time and I made sure there was a box of lead everyday for a week.

Boolit Grand Master

In my neck of the woods, they don't even bother. I usually get a notice to go to the post office to pick it up.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    I ordered some lead once and it was 2 isotope cores and 2 ingots. The lady that delivered our mail knocked on our door and I went out to her truck.
    She said "I'm not supposed to do this but you need to get this box out of my truck." I had warned her that a heavy box was on the way. BTW she backed the truck in our driveway.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by LenH View Post
    I ordered some lead once and it was 2 isotope cores and 2 ingots. The lady that delivered our mail knocked on our door and I went out to her truck.
    She said "I'm not supposed to do this but you need to get this box out of my truck." I had warned her that a heavy box was on the way. BTW she backed the truck in our driveway.
    Never happen out here. My mailbox is 3/4 mile away at the main road (we have a shale patchwork dirt road). They just leave it at the PO and leave the notice for me to pick it up. I had to go inside their area to get the last lead I had ordered as the lady was leary about lifting it.

I ordered 60lbs of range lead in ingots, The postal worker dumped it in my yard, It was two weeks before I stumbled on it! Another 60lb order and I saw the jeep pull up so I went to the truck and greeted the driver, She was happy to see me! I told her my gold had got here! She said I know a reloader when I see one! I am a reloader too!
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

I thought they had to deliver the package to the front door if it doesn’t fit in a mailbox.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

I told my mail lady to just honk her horn when I ordered something that was heavy and I would come out to her truck and get it. She is a very nice lady and I would hate to see her maybe pull a muscle trying to lift 60lbs of lead. Just me and my ways, james

Boolit Master
    I've ordered several 50 pound boxes of lead from Roto-metals. Each time I offered to come pick it up at the post office but our rural carrier always delivered it to my mail box. I do have the LARGE rural mail box. That 50 pound box fits quite nicely. Carrying it from the box to the house ain't as easy as it used to be, but I still manage.

Only the SFR box fits in mine so the postman only has to deal with about 20#.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Another reason why, when I know I have a package coming, I always leave a cooler outside with cold drinks in it for the carrier/driver. My packages always end up nice and neat on the porch in perfect condition. I even get waves from the local UPS drivers when they see me on the road. Since it's hot about 9 months of the year down here, and they don't have AC in the UPS trucks, it's just the right thing to do.

Leaving a big or heavy package at the front door seems like it's more of a courtesy than one of their rules.

If your route person is one of those 90-100 pounders, expect a slip in the mail box to come get something heavy.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.